Bosch System With No Notification Appliances

My work has a Bosch system with a BG-12 Pull Station, and a couple of Bosch F220P Smoke Detectors located in the offices upstairs. However, there aren’t any Notification Appliances inside the store, but the other stores in the Shopping Center have at least one. The Coffee Shop next door has a Wheelock NS, same with the Pizza place across the shopping center, and the barbershop has a Spectralert classic. I wonder if the Bosch system controls all the alarms in the Shopping Center, or only the store, has anyone ever heard of a system that has a setup like this? I doubt it because the Shopping Center is split into 4 buildings, spaced out from each other. I might take a picture of the Panel and the Smoke Detector later if I remember.

No notification appliances would make an alarm system pretty useless… You sure there’s absolutely nothing? And also, if your unit has a control panel, does each unit have their own?

Here’s the control panel, located in the Manager’s office.

Bosch F220P Smoke Detector.

The keypad is a Bosch D1260 keypad, it’s both red and white, I don’t know the exact model number. It’s located in the Customer Service desk, the BG-12 is also located next to it.

1 Like

I think if there are PA speakers, the system is tied in with the PA system. I’ve seen plenty of places, including some Targets, where there are PA speakers, pulls, keypads, etc, but no NAs.

[quote="The 4251-13" post_id=88012 time=1608061250 user_id=6165]

I think if there are PA speakers, the system is tied in with the PA system. I’ve seen plenty of places, including some Targets, where there are PA speakers, pulls, keypads, etc, but no NAs.

[/quote]

We do have a PA system, I don’t know what the PA system is but you could be right about it. Does anyone know if Bosch has Voice Evac? I do remember the store having an older PA system that had a 480HZ chime tone, does anyone know what PA uses a chime with that frequency or close to that frequency?

The voice evacuation system handles the tones and messages, and would be tied into a high-priority input on the PA system.

For a Bosch system, you’d use an EVAX or Wheelock Safepath voice panel.

[quote=TheAlmightyZach post_id=88007 time=1608015467 user_id=3249]

No notification appliances would make an alarm system pretty useless… You sure there’s absolutely nothing? And also, if your unit has a control panel, does each unit have their own?

[/quote]

I could just be a system that alerts the fire department.

Sprinkler monitoring