What alarm do you have at work/school

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
randomperson
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Instagram: randomperson_firealarms

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:35 pm

BigKayCea wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:21 pm
>The mailroom area has a gray, ceiling-mount, 2nd-gen Edwards Integrity horn/strobe installed, and this particular device uses a yellow strobe! I don't know what its purpose is for, though.
Those aren't technically Integrities, they are the 860 series. They sound different too:
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:10 pm

Pretty sure those alarms are the series between the 890 and the 790 series.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
BigKayCea
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:17 pm

You're both right--I did a little online research and that is definitely an Edwards 860-series horn/strobe device, even though it is akin to an Integrity. This was most likely designed for special applications.
FireAlarmPanel347
New Participant
New Participant

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:34 am

At my school in the main building, we have SpectrAlert Advances, Fire-Lite SD355T smoke detectors, and Fire-Lite BG-12LX pull stations. The other building is the same, except it has older generation Wheelock AS instead of the SpectrAlert Advances.
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:05 pm

You mean the ones that are vertical?
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:56 pm

Today, I finally figured out that for the Cerberus Pyrotronics alarms, the ones with the thicker backboxes were horn/strobes and the ones with thinner ones were strobes. Should have figured this out way earlier lol...

They’re extended out the walls sort of like blocks if you were wondering what i meant.
lgbt rights!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:58 am

You mean something like this?

idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:57 pm

the backboxes are white and the alarms were mtls and s17s. I’ll get a couple picture tomorrow

big note that strobe boxes are heavily installed around stairwells, in all classrooms and bathrooms, and a few instances randomly in hallways. I assume the old U-MMTs are the same because I saw a picture of a U-MCS in a classroom.

These are all gone now though so all thats left are covers.
lgbt rights!
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:13 pm

ok so heres a bad sketch of that they look like in terms of width. CP NAs would’ve been installed on these

this is what the horn/strobes (MTLs) were mounted on...

and these are what the remote strobes (S15s) were on

correction that the remote strobes were model number s15 not s17; thought that was strobe candela stuff
lgbt rights!
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:44 pm

In the east building; Alarms, pull stations, and smoke detectors are getting removed and covered everywhere in hallways daily. Nothing much happening in any classrooms/ bathrooms/ pool/ gym etc... those are probably last.

Its going from first floor to third floor, and all simplex material on the first floor hall are removed, with about half on the second floor. Surprisingly, they’re reducing the amount of pull stations to exits/by stairwells and smoke detectors to fire-doors, so theres a lot of instances where both an alarm/pull combo are covered.

I’ll get a comparison pic on Monday, lots of white covers under white covers...
lgbt rights!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:49 pm

Not gonna help when it ends up getting all dusty and dirty but I guess it doesn't matter as long as the devices are kept working.
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:30 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:49 pm
Not gonna help when it ends up getting all dusty and dirty but I guess it doesn't matter as long as the devices are kept working.
I mean they’re removing all the simplex devices. The siemens devices are kept put. Removal is actually really clean, just a bunch of different covers are being used because daily stock is different.
lgbt rights!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:21 pm

But they are all the same white color right?
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:01 pm

Thats actually the thing. Originally they used beige cover plates (of different sizes depending on the hole in the wall left over) because the walls were beige and the workers wanted them to blend in. And then on Wednesday/Thursday they just started using white covers for some reason. Theres still a bunch of alarms not removed yet mostly on the third and some of the second floor (not counting individual rooms like classrooms because those are probably last). I’m predicting by the end of this month atleast the system will be finished.
lgbt rights!
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:16 pm

an example of what I’m trying to say:

This is a pic before removal

And this is the pic after removal

note the same room...

heres a final picture featuring a new pull station, which are only now commonly found near stairwells and exit doors.
lgbt rights!