Alarms on TV/Movies

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
Fulsam
New Participant
New Participant

Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:55 am

Because the old topic went down with yaBB. Here is a new one!
Calvin
New Participant
New Participant

Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:56 am

Again with what I said before... Nothing against you, but I think we should start topics only when we need to, instead of having them "just be there"

But that's just my opinion, nothing against you, I just feel that it puts more clutter on the boards
Fulsam
New Participant
New Participant

Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:04 pm

ok, two things seen

1. During a fedEX ground commercial, An RSS can be clearly seen above a guy's head.

2. During a furniture commercial, a red gentex commander (unknown version) can be spotted near the entrance.
Magnum Alert
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:33 pm

the movie The Thing (the 1982 version), at exactly 30 minutes in, shows a BG-6 being pulled when macready (kurt russell) hears suspicious noises. The BG-6 has some weird glass cover over the handle, and when he pulls it, of course, it springs back up without latching.

in The Blob (the 1958 version) there is a part where you hear numerous air raid and FD sirens blaring at night.
Calvin
New Participant
New Participant

Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:26 pm

I saw an alarm go off in... I think 24. It was a bell. They smashed it.
NewAgeServer
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: NewAgeServerAlarm

Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:06 pm

Tango and Cash- Various Klaxons at different scenes, and what sounds like a Thunderbolt 1000 or 1000T on one of the prison escape scenes. Judging by the movie's age, the Thunderbolt must not be very old.
Andrew Davis -- Chief Administrator & Site Owner
The Fire Panel & The Fire Panel Forums
All questions or concerns, please PM here or email at newageserver@thefirepanel.com

My Fire Alarm Site
YouTube Channel
gothyoda
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:50 pm

During an episode of Medium, a guy who sees the future...he sees the hospital being blown up while he's "under." Slow whoops can be heard, and you can see strobes flashing.
Calvin
New Participant
New Participant

Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:53 pm

There's an episode of The Simpsons where

Abe needs a new battery for his pacemaker. Homer tells him to get it from the smoke detector. Cut to Abe hanging from the smoke alarm, his pacemaker fries and starts smoking, and the smoke detector emits a few short beeps
Calvin
New Participant
New Participant

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:20 pm

In an episode of House, not a fire alarm, but in the elevator, a mobster leans over and presses the emergency shutoff, and that causes a bell to ring for a half second. THe same for when they re-enable the elevator
NewAgeServer
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: NewAgeServerAlarm

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:09 am

I was watching Good Morning America this morning and I saw a panel (Faraday?) in the background, with a red pull station next to it, but the camera moved so fast that I didn't make out what it was.
Andrew Davis -- Chief Administrator & Site Owner
The Fire Panel & The Fire Panel Forums
All questions or concerns, please PM here or email at newageserver@thefirepanel.com

My Fire Alarm Site
YouTube Channel
wiley209
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:43 pm

In "Yokel Chords" on "The Simpsons," you can see a Simplex T-bar pull station at Krustylu Studios. It seems that the T-bars are popular in Springfield!
Calvin
New Participant
New Participant

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:28 pm

The smoke alarm on The Simpsons sounds like my DSC siren