Alarms on TV/Movies

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
Fire alarms are cool
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: Horns and Strobes

I was watching some movie on TV and the guy decided to pull to fire alarm to escape an anti alcohol meeting and he saw a Cerberus Pyrotronics MSI-20B with the newer CP logo and a security guard dragged him back to the meeting.
not really active anymore
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

So I am assuming that he didn't pull the alarm then?
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
Fire alarms are cool
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Simplex 4051 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:10 pm So I am assuming that he didn't pull the alarm then?
Nope. sadly... It would be cool to see what alarm they decided.
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Most likely they would have used the common bell as the alarm that goes off instead of an actual horn since that is mostly what they do on television shows.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
RSSAlarms
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: RSSAlarms

(Skip to 2:04)
in this episode of impractical jokers, when joe is at the wishing well, you can hear a Spectralert advance and a Wheelock horn strobe in the background. I think that alarm means they found the hammer, XD !
wiley209
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

The newest episode of "Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" entitled "Now You Sia, Now You Don't" has one of those stupid fire sprinkler cliches, when while robbing a jewelry store, Sia's doppelganger ghost pulls the fire alarm while escaping, setting off a 10" bell in Continuous and all the fire sprinklers! It's bad enough they still use bells for fire alarms when they are nowadays very rare in the United States (especially since most would end up being replaced with electronic horn/strobes or voice-evac), but all the sprinklers going off too? Sheesh!
Fire alarms are cool
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

I was watching some 911 show and the System Sensor L series started to go off in a large office and the stairways got crowded and some dude looked at the strobe and fell down the staircase. Outside you can see an Advance strobe. And they used the L series tone!
ScottHaymond

In almost all Law & Order detective office scenes Horn/Strobes and pull stations are easily spotted
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Too bad you never hear them go off and most likely if they were to go off you would end up hearing a bell.
missj_73
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Another early 1980's show to feature a smoke alarm is Mork And Mindy. The episode is called Mindy Mindy Mindy. Original airdate February 26th 1981. Mork is left alone while Mindy goes out of town and ends up cloning her. Her landlord ends up at the same time installing smoke alarms in all the apartments. The detector featured here has a warbling piezo and by the looks of it is the GE Home sentry 8021-401C. Its more rectangle shaped than square. The detector is featured around 14:55. Im guess these detectors were new at the time. Hope the episode gets posted. But the link to it is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pxzOdLxaxE&t=906s
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

You can always count on media to get smoke detectors right and not fire alarms. LOL
firedriller
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

https://youtu.be/PzzGXAQRtqc

Not at fire alarm but a mixture of alarms
I think a good old-fashioned fire drill today- Mr Burns
Welcome to hogwarts- alarm panel
Fire Alarm Fan
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

In 1029’s Line of Duty a TrueAlert speaker/strobe is seen in a church. Later an addressable Gamewell Century is shown in an apartment building near an exit stairway door.
Newest FA Device: Gamewell M69 pulls
Coming Soon:
Newest Smoke: BRK 79R
wiley209
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

And we get ANOTHER "Family Guy" episode with that stupid fire sprinkler pull station cliche! "Family Guy Lite" from the previous season. The overweight Peter Griffin and handicapped Joe Swanson are unable to climb a set of stairs in the Pawtucket Brewery, so Peter notices a fire alarm pull stations conveniently located in the middle of the stairwell (resembling a Cerberus/Siemens MS-51) and thinks it'll turn the stairs into a slide and pulls it. Sure enough, it sets off a Continuous 10" bell and flashing red incandescent lights, and all the fire sprinklers in the building, causing it to flood!
firedriller
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Removed
I think a good old-fashioned fire drill today- Mr Burns
Welcome to hogwarts- alarm panel