Four wheelock MTs on one pole at Walmart

A Walmart near me has four wheelock MTs on each side of one of the poles. Anyone have any idea why that would be done? Is it to make the sound louder for a large area?

probably… theres a walmart that does the same thing, except with 4 edwards genisis

There’s actually one wheelock MT on each side, making a total of four on the pole. I’m sure you guys understood what I meant though.

One the U.S.S. Lexington they have 3 M.A.S.S.es on a center pole in the engine room, so yes, i assume it would be fore sound amplification.

That doesn’t make sense as the devices are 90 degrees out of phase with each other.

I ment that it provides even alarm sound thought the whole room, for an overall amplification of what would otherwise be unaudible over the engines.

3 units wouldn’t be 90 degrees out of phase…they would be 120 degrees out of phase. I was referring to the 4 units on the Wal-Mart pole. Positioning a NA has nothing to do with amplification. I think you are talking about coverage patterns.

THATS what i ment to say

So, yeah, I think four NAs on the pole is for sound coverage. Not amplification, but coverage.

Oh boy…

You do?

genesis at walmart? where???!!!

i’ve seen that set up once before. its at a walmart in pensacola, fl, but they’re four mounted on a circular module suspended from the ceiling, there’s probably 5 or 6 in a row, and 3 rows across the store.