Faraday 5505 Horn/Strobe

Hey everyone. My church has 2 or 3 of these things. Never heard of them or seen them anywhere else. I believe I am the first to even mention this model among the fire alarm community. It looks just like a Simplex 2901-9833 with a built-on strobe. I took a picture of this one by the church office.

Anyone know more about these things, or even heard of them?

Thanks -Ryan

Very interesting. It does seem to be the same horn as the 9833, with a 7002T-type strobe on top. I wonder if it skips like the 7002T.

Pretty sure I saw one of those at a bookstore in Laconia, NH. Will have to check this summer.

Yeah. I wonder if it skips too. And cool. Maybe I’m not the only one who’s seen these things.

Nice find! I saw one on eBay a long time ago. I think the horn and the strobe were wired in parallel, so it wouldn’t skip.

Thanks! It is a very interesting horn/strobe.

Obviously Faraday’s knock-off of the 7002.
I remember seeing a version with the strobe in the center, at a small motel in Braintree, MA (ironically, the fire alarm panel was a newer Simplex 4006 with a Wheelock AS next to it!)

I actually have the version with the strobe on the front of the horn in my collection (model 5506).

I’ve also seen one of those Faraday 7002-style strobes on a 5940 horn a few years ago on eBay; definitely a very unusual alarm.

Never seen any of those alarms in person.

Then again, I never saw the 9833 in person either.

Sorry for the HUGE bump, but I now own that 5506 that El Chupacabra has. The torch has been passed