yellow fire alarms.

Have you seen them? A department store in my area has yellow SpectrAlert Advances. I’m guessing that they were originally white, and the building lights yellowed them.

Actually, some advances are MADE yellow. It’s pretty rare.

I want to see that…

About yellow fire alarms – It’s like the white ones want to be red and are trying real hard to change color… but they can’t!

I’ve seen that happen, my local Target has a SpectrAlert Classic in the hallway by the restrooms, and you can see where the fluorescent light has faded the top of the alarm, because the bottom is mostly white.

I have seen what I believe was a yellow integrity at my cousins old middle school, actually yellow. NOT yellowed. They said it was used for Gas Leaks but i’m not sure.

Here is a Yellow 120VAC MT i have, this was made yellow from wheelock.

I remember seeing a video of a yellow Advance. I can’t find it but it may be on Thelilrubix1, 22408Aaron, or lkfcobra’s channel

I don’t believe any NAs intended for use as a fire alarm are made yellow. They’re probably just white devices that became yellowed due to the building lights. Yellow NAs made for purposes other than fire alarm use doesn’t surprise me, however.

I have also seen a black one. This one is from my collection. I got it a few days back and thinking about painting it red. I got it from my uncle and he said it came like that. Idk.

Woa! I’ve never seen a black one. Maybe it was spray painted or something. I wonder what applications that would be used for.

I saw two black Commander 3s ad Disney World. Maybe it has something to do with ride mechanics.

LOL, some of the buildings at Disney World have Commander 3’s for fire signaling, too! Maybe it has to do with security or something. It is unlikely that SHG came from Disney. I guess we can rule out the spray paint. Where did you see those Commanders at in Disney?

EDIT: I wonder if it is a bomb alarm. SHG’s and Commander 3’s set to horn make the ideal sound for a bomb alarm…

Those Commanders were in Soarin’ at Epcot. If you look closely at the wall, they’re near the beginning of the queue.

I would think that theme parks/amusement parks would mostly use speaker/strobes these days. That’s what would be required at them.

They do. The Commanders are for general signaling.

I’ve seen red Commander 3’s at Disney World labeled “FIRE”. I’ve also seen Simplex horn/strobes at SeaWorld labeled “FIRE”. Is it required? The somewhat new Manta coaster at SeaWorld has voice evac with Wheelock speaker/strobes.

How old were they? They could’ve been installed before voice evacuation was mandated.

When did voice evacuation become mandated for amusement parks?

I wouldn’t call this an amusement park but the baseball stadium has a voice evac system replacing there old horn/strobe system

I got these from videos:

On Journey to Atlantis, there is a Wheelock MT, with a vertical ADA strobe.

On the Kraken, there is a Simplex horn/strobe. The strobe looks new, and not yellowed very much.

This is actually on the very new Manta ride in San Diego. I’ve never been to the SeaWorld in San Diego, but that appears to be a Wheelock NS. I realize the NS has been discontinued, but for how long? The installer may have had these in storage.