Hotel tricked to pull fire alarm and smash window

Would you fall for this?

• yes
  • no
0 voters

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s3474062.shtml

Turns out these guys upload everything at http://youtube.com/user/krankkallklan

What do you think about all this?

Well, with my knowledge of fire alarms and how things work no. But I can see how people like her would be easily convinced of that. & I’m surprised those people on youtube haven’t been caught yet.

We had to deal with a client the other day who somehow “accidentally” canceled her monitoring service and couldn’t get it back, so we had to reprogram her panel’s dialer (Simplex CCDACT) with a different monitoring account. However after that failed we discovered the panel (a 4005) has no alarm and trouble relays so connecting a “slave” dialer like a 411UD was not going to work. After explaining to her the situation, she replied back, “I dont even know what a dialer or a relay is… Can you just have [REDACTED] call me in the morning?” What ended up happening was the lady ended up calling Simplex and having them reprogram the dialer.

So yeah… People who know nothing or next to nothing about alarm systems shouldn’t be dealing with them because stupid stuff happens like this.

Make a video on how to work that stuff so business owners can learn. :wink:

One time, when I first got my MS9200UDLS, I accidentally hit someting and it took 6 months to fix it.

Sounds like a copycat incident of Pranknet’s fire alarm hoaxes a few years ago.

Those pranks hit my local hotel. The clerk set off a fire sprinkler in the main lobby. That was a mess.

I heard about a case years ago, where there was someone calling a hotel claiming to be from the fire alarm company telling the woman there to activate the fire alarm system, which she did. They then told her to pull it back up and that would stop the fire alarm. She tried to do so and she couldn’t. They then told her that unless she started breaking the windows the sprinklers were going to activate soon. Out of fear that the hotel was going to flood, she started breaking the windows.