Today's Job

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
chris+s
Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician

Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:52 pm

I've been switching back and fourth between a new 4 story hospital and a new 7 story office building. The hospital isn't out of the ground yet and the EC is still doing their thing at the office building, but I just deal with the paper side of things... fighting architects, consultants, and engineers.

Neither one is really special in any way, run of the mill standard fire alarm systems.
U8oL0
YouTube Username: jjinc24

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:10 pm

This topic is a great idea. I've gone ahead and moved it to Fire Alarm General Discussion as well as stickied it.
Patrick
Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:11 pm

Here is an elevator shaft for a 10 story parking garage that I am working on. I will be tying elevator recall service into these very soon which will involve installing heat and smoke detectors in the top and the bottom of the hoistway.

This is looking up at the bottom of the unfinished cars.
Elev shaft.jpg
Elev shaft.jpg (152.23 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
This is looking down
Elev shaft 2.jpg
Elev shaft 2.jpg (162.98 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
And this is looking at the cab frame from the top.
Elev shaft 3.jpg
Elev shaft 3.jpg (160.72 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
Patrick
Ummm yeah, did you get that memo? - Bill Lumbergh, 'Office Space'
Patrick
Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Oh, I meant for these to go into the 'Today's job' thread. Could a mod please move this?

Patrick
Ummm yeah, did you get that memo? - Bill Lumbergh, 'Office Space'
U8oL0

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:05 pm

Lambda wrote:
U8oL0 wrote:This topic is a great idea. I've gone ahead and moved it to Fire Alarm General Discussion as well as stickied it.
Thought about placing it there originally but wasn't sure - just in case someone wanted to share a sprinkler job or something non-fire alarm but related (like an intercom system). But if you're fine with it here, I'm fine with it!
Don't worry about it, I just figured this forum was a bit better than general discussion since ANYTHING can be posted in there, but only stuff related to life safety could be posted in this forum.
U8oL0

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Patrick wrote:Oh, I meant for these to go into the 'Today's job' thread. Could a mod please move this?

Patrick
Fixed.

And wow, about the elevators, this kind of perspective really makes you appreciate how complex and large elevators are.
ccs46
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: ccs4646

Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:15 pm

Lambda wrote:"Old" FCI FC-72 panel I was working with today. I actually love these panels. Simple, last practically forever (except for the zone cards), no microprocessor to get corrupted. This is a small one, only 12 zones with the double zone cards, but still a nice and neat wiring layout. Don't see too much of that anymore. I used to have to deal with one of these that had two cabinets full of zone cards - and they had limited space so the panels were mounted about 8' from each-other!
IMG_20140828_140949_630.jpg
IMG_20140828_140438_254.jpg
IMG_20140828_140819_586.jpg
That panels board reminds me of the Notifier panel that Andrew showed in his video, the Piezo and switches. :)
Chris Sprague - Overseer of Sarcasm
NewAgeServer
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: NewAgeServerAlarm

Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Pretty soon I will be uploading a video of a very rare Gamewell FACP that is almost a dead knockoff of the FC-72.
Stay tuned to find out.
Andrew Davis -- Chief Administrator & Site Owner
The Fire Panel & The Fire Panel Forums
All questions or concerns, please PM here or email at newageserver@thefirepanel.com

My Fire Alarm Site
YouTube Channel