Make Up a System (2.0)

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Windom elementary school has a system set up like this.

Simplex 4041+4050-80
In hallways and other areas not noted.

Simplex 4051+Space Age Electronics AV32
The OT/PT office, the autism behavioral disorders classroom and the 5th grade corridor

Edwards 792
The art classroom and the reading classroom

Space Age Electronics 2DCD+AV32
The school's main stairwell marked as "Stairwell A"

Simplex 4903-9252
The vestibules of the bathrooms and the resource classroom

Simplex 4903-9237
The gymnasium, the nurse’s office and the media center
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
Fire alarms are cool
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: Horns and Strobes

Primary Elementary School:

PANEL:
Fire-Lite MS-10-UD

INITIATING DEVICES:
Fire-Lite BG-12Ls
System Sensor i3s

Signaling devices:
System Sensor P2Rs
System Sensor SRHs
System Sensor MA/SS horn/strobes in trailers
Federal Signal 450s with dual projector attachments in the playground/around the outside area

Other fire/life safety devices:
System Sensor RTS2 duct detector test stations
Federal Signal Model 2 siren for tornados/emergencies
not really active anymore
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

This is the setup of Innisfail middle school which is made up of students in 5th to 7th grade is located in the Hebert district of a western state.

Simplex 4051+4050-80
In hallways and other areas not noted.

Space Age Electronics 2DCD
The band classroom and the library

Amseco BZ-54VT+SB Select-a-Strobe
The computer lab and the nurse’s office

Siemens U-HNH
The gymnasium

Wheelock NS
The multi-purpose room

Simplex 4903-9236
The 5th grade wing
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
wiley209
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

An updated version of a system I made up nearly nine years ago...
Ocean Shores Elementary School was built in 1978-1979 as a campus-style elementary school.
The school initially had four separate fire alarm systems: one to control the main building, one in the field house/auditorium building, and one in each of the two classroom buildings.

The main building had a Simplex 4207 fire alarm panel installed in the main office, and in the main lobby there was a Simplex 4308-style annunciator. All the alarms were Simplex 4051 horns on 4050-80 light plates (all with black "FIRE" lettering on the lens), and the pull stations were Simplex break-glass 4251-30s. Smoke detectors throughout the building were Simplex 4259-35 heads (rebranded ESL detectors) on 4259-39 bases, while the restrooms, kitchen and other smaller rooms or closets had 4255-5 heat sensors.
Both classroom buildings also had Simplex 4207 systems, but they were smaller two-zone systems installed in maintenance rooms. Because there were no interior entrances to the classrooms (they all had doors that went directly outside), each building had two to three Simplex 4051 horns on weatherproof backboxes installed right outside. Each regular-sized classroom had a remote 4050-80 light (also with black "FIRE" lettering) installed, though one of the buildings had a larger classroom, so a regular 4051+4050-80 horn/light was installed. Each classroom and maintenance room had a Simplex 4255-5 heat sensor in it, and outside each building there were two Simplex single-action 4251-20 single-action pull stations installed inside special cabinets with "FIRE ALARM PULL STATION INSIDE" on the door to protect them from the elements.
The gymnasium/auditorium building also had a Simplex 4207 fire alarm panel similar to the one in the main building, but was installed in the athletic director's office. An annunciator was placed in the main entrance to the building. Again, all alarms were Simplex 4051+4050-80 horn/lights, and outside there was a 4051 horn on a Space Age AV32 light plate. The pull stations were all Simplex 4251-30s, and in the gymnasium they had metal cages installed over them. 4255-5 heat sensors were also installed in all required areas, though the main lobby outside the gymnasium and the one outside the auditorium had 4259-36 smoke/heat detectors.
The outdoor school bells were 10-inch Simplex bells behind grilles; each building had two installed. The gymnasium also had two 10-inch bells installed behind grilles, as did the auditorium, but the main building and the other interior areas of the gymnasium/auditorium building had 6-inch Simplex bells surface-mounted on trim plates. All bells and clocks were controlled from a Simplex master time panel in the main office located in the main building.

In 1983, the 4051s in the auditorium were replaced with Simplex 2901-9806 horns on the 4050-80 light plates.

In 1987, a 4051 horn outside the classroom building on the left stopped working, so it was replaced with a Simplex 2901-9838 horn.

In 1991, the Simplex 4259-36 smoke detector in the gymnasium lobby died, and was replaced with a Simplex 2098-9201 photoelectric detector head on a 2098-9637 base. A couple of the classrooms also had the same detectors installed to replace heat sensors. The 4251-30 pull outside the school media center was replaced with a Simplex 2099-9754 single-action pull.

In 1996, another 4051 horn broke down, this one outside the classroom building on the right, and was replaced with a Simplex 4901-9817 electromechanical horn. A Simplex 4005 panel was installed in the gymnasium/auditorium building to replace the failing 4207, which was then gutted and used as a junction box. The old annunciator was left intact.

In 1998, a Simplex 4004 fire alarm panel was installed in the classroom building on the right to replace the shorted-out 4207 there. One of the two 4251-30s there was replaced with a weatherproof Simplex metal T-bar (made by Sigcom). Additionally, a 4251-30 in the main building's cafeteria died and was replaced with a 2099-9756 dual-action pull.

In 2001, the main building's Simplex 4207 panel shorted out and was replaced with a Simplex 4020 panel. The old annunciator remained intact to this day. Additionally, another 4051 died on the classroom building on the left, and was replaced with a weatherproof Wheelock MT-24-WM horn/strobe.

In 2004, a couple of 4098-9601 photoelectric TrueAlarms were installed in the main classroom building to replace old smoke detectors that died. Additionally, the 4051+AV32 outside the gymnasium/auditorium building was replaced with a weatherproof Wheelock A-MT horn/strobe.

In 2009, a 4251-30 pull outside main building's cafeteria and another 4251-30 in the auditorium lobby were found to be inoperable and were replaced with 2099-9103 break-glass pulls.

In 2013, the Simplex 4051 horn in the media center failed, and so that and the 4050-80 plate it was on were both replaced with a Simplex 4903-9425 TrueAlert horn/strobe. A few more older smoke detectors were also replaced with conventional TrueAlarms.

In 2017, the gymnasium/auditorium building's Simplex 4005 panel started having issues, so it was replaced with a Simplex 4007ES panel.

There is currently talk of eliminating the existing panels and upgrading to a new Simplex 4100ES system network while keeping all existing signals and initiating devices, to eliminate the need of having all systems controlled separately.

Yes, I based this off the elementary school used on the Nickelodeon cartoon series "Rocket Power." I always thought that school had a pretty cool design and wondered what its alarm systems would be like.
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

North Olmsted CDS middle / high school, which contains students from grade 6 to 12, has a system like this.

Simplex 4041+4050-80
In hallways and other areas not noted

Gentex GMS
The band classroom, the high school speech office and the middle school computer applications lab

Wheelock 7002
The wrestling room and the biomedical science lab

Edwards 894B-001
The high school nurse’s office

System Sensor MASS241575ADA on 2400 Hz continuous (panel coded to code-3)
The weight room and the high school reading classroom

Space Age Electronics VA4
The high school media center, the production lab and the middle school psychologist’s office
Fire alarms are cool
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: Horns and Strobes

Waffle House:

PANEL:
Fire-Lite MS-2

INITIATING DEVICES:
Fire-Lite BG-12Ls
System Sensor i-3s

Signaling devices:
System Sensor P2Rs
Wheelock RSS strobes in the restrooms
not really active anymore
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

The next school I have is Zone elementary school.

Simplex 4041+Faraday 5415
In hallways and other areas not noted

Federal Signal 450D+VALS strobe
The nurse’s office, the autism behavioral disorders classroom and the social worker's office

Simplex 4903-9219
The music classroom and the library

Simplex 2901-9838+4903-9101
The reading classroom

Classic SpectrAlert
The ESL classroom and the 1st/3rd grade stairwell

Wheelock AS-2415
The preschool vestibule, the DPT's office and the largest kindergarten classroom
RestoringCorbeils
New User
New User

Gentex SPK4 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:53 am Franklin Middle School was built in 1972, renovated in 1994, and was expanded in 2009.

Panel
Simplex 4002 tied into a Simplex 4010, the original panel was a Simplex 4207.

Initiating Devices
The original building has Simplex 2099 pulls, and a mix of 2098 series and TrueAlarm smokes, a few ESL heat detectors are installed as well. There are also Simplex duct detectors installed as well. The original system had Simplex Chevrons and Pyrotector heat detectors, along with a few ESL smokes.
The 2009 expansion has 4099 pulls, and addressable TrueAlarms.

Notification Appliances
The 1972 wing has Simplex 4903-9220 horn/strobes in the hallways, library, locker rooms, and cafetorium. A few of these were replaced with Simplex TrueAlerts. Classrooms, offices, and restrooms have Gentex GX-90 Horns. The art room and music room have Wheelock MT-LSM horn/strobes (replacing broken 4903-9220s). The gym has 4903-9168 speaker/strobes tied into a Simplex 4003. The signals in this wing do continuous, the speakers play a slow whoop tone and voice evacuation message. The original system had flush-mounted 4050 horns.

The 2009 expansion has Simplex 4906 TrueAlert Horn/Strobes throughout, with 4904 strobes in the restrooms. The signals in the expansion do code-3.

Clock/Bell/Intercom system
The intercom system is a Bogen Multicom 2000, replacing an old Rauland system. The master clock panel is a Lathem 512 replacing an older Simplex model.

Hallways, offices, the library, and locker rooms have wall-mounted Bogen Clock/Speaker Combos. Classrooms have ceiling mounted speakers and wall mounted call in switches. Classrooms, the cafetorium, and gym have Lathem Digital Clocks. Outside, and in the cafetorium and gym, there are Bogen Megaphone Speakers. The bell was a tone over the intercom.

The newly reintroduced bell system will Simplex STR 4-inch bells inside, and 10-inch bells outside.
Where was this school anyway?
Robert A
YouTube Username: Aslin Fire Safety

RestoringCorbeils wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:18 pm Where was this school anyway?
Please read Rule C9 - the post you quoted was two years old. In addition, since this topic is for made-up systems, none of these systems in this thread actually exist.
Robert Aslin | Moderator
My YouTube Channel | Aslin Fire Safety
If you need to contact me for any reason, please send me a PM, or email me at aslinrobert15(at)gmail.com
FireAlarmLover5001
New Participant
New Participant

My house will contain of:

Panels:
Simplex 4100ES
Simplex Annunciators

Notification devices:
TrueAlert speaker strobes,
TrueAlert strobes,
System Sensor Classic (basement)

Pull Stations:
Simplex T-Bars
Fire-Lite BG12s
Gentex Guy
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Gentex Guy

My former middle school probably had my favorite system of all the schools I've gone to.

The school was divided up into three areas, first, there was the original part from the 60s. This contained two wings of classrooms, a cafeteria (that was also being used as an auditorium at the time), a gym, and all the main offices. They had Simplex 4903-9236 horn/strobes in the hallways, science rooms, and one in the cafeteria, gym, and one in each of the locker rooms. There were Siemens U-MHU-MCS horn/strobes for all of the classrooms, as well as additional ones in the cafeteria, gym, and locker rooms. I do not know what the original system was, but I believe the new system was a Siemens MXL.

There was a newer wing that was added on to in the 80s. This addition included dozens of classrooms and a new auditorium. The original alarms were on 2903 light plates which were in various places throughout the hallways. The alarms in this area were entirely comprised of Siemens U-MHU-MCS horn/strobes, which were installed directly onto the 2903 light plates, and more were added in the classrooms.

The newest wing from the 2000s added even more classrooms and a second gym. This area had all Simplex TrueAlerts.

All of the initiating devices were Siemens throughout most of the building. In the newest wing, they had Simplex pull stations, but they still had Siemens detectors which was interesting.
Proud owner of a Fire-Lite MS-2 system that drives my parents crazy!
Check out my YouTube channel!
wiley209
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

I've been watching more of Disney's "Recess" on Disney+, and with the new school year here and Halloween approaching the "Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade" direct-to-video movie that served as a finale for the series. So I've decided to come up with this...

Third Street School was built in 1951 as a K-6 elementary school. The original fire alarm system was an Autocall system, with the panel installed in an electrical room in the basement, set to Continuous. The alarm signals throughout the school were Faraday Type 2 single-projector horns, and there were Autocall non-code break-glass stations in the appropriate areas.
Semi-related, the school was also built with an old Simplex clock system, with 6" Autocall vibrating bells for the interior school bell. A couple of 10" Autocall bells with protective cages on the gongs were installed outside, including one facing the playground of course.

The school underwent some repairs and renovations in 1978 after a possible structural failure was detected. In the process, the fire alarm system was replaced. A Simplex 4207 fire alarm system was installed, with the panel placed in the main office for easier access by the school faculty and the fire department. A 4308 annunciator with the red rectangular indicator lamps was installed near the main entrance. All of the alarm signals were Simplex 4051 horns on 4050-80 light plates with black "FIRE" lettering; the system was set up so the horns sounded on Continuous while the 4050-80s flashed on a slow March Time via the 4207 panel's coding wheel. Some of them were installed right into the wall with flush-mount backboxes, while others had to be installed with the red surface-mount backboxes. The new pull stations were Simplex single-action 4251-20s (with the wire cages over them in the gymnasium), and there were also ESL 523C smoke/heat detectors and Simplex 4255-1 heat sensors in the appropriate areas.
The old Simplex time system was replaced with a newer Simplex clock system, and as a result, all of the school bells were replaced with Simplex 4090-2 6" vibrating bells, even outside! For the most part the bells were either surface-mounted on 4x4 backboxes or installed on semi-flush trim plates, depending on where they were placed, but the two bells in the gymnasium were flush-mounted behind gray grilles. Some of the original 1951 Simplex slave clocks remained intact where applicable, while others were replaced with newer clocks. The master clock eventually had to be replaced in 1997, with a Simplex 6400.

In 1983, a Simplex 4051 horn in the auditorium was found to be inoperable, and so it was replaced with a Simplex 2901-9833 horn.

In 1987, one of the two Simplex 4050-80s in the gymnasium was smashed by a dodgeball, and was replaced with a Space Age AV32 light plate (the Simplex 4051 horn survived the hit and thus remained intact.)

In 1991, the Simplex 4051 horn in the receiving area near the kitchen failed, and a Simplex 2901-9838 horn replaced it. Meanwhile in one of the hallways, a Simplex 4050-80 light plate was removed and replaced with a 4903-9001 light plate, with the 4051 horn re-mounted right onto it.

Between 1995 and 2000, some random ESL 523C smoke detectors that failed were replaced with Simplex 2098-9201 photoelectric smoke detectors. A couple of them even replaced Simplex 4255-1 heat sensors in areas where allowed! During this time a few other Simplex heat sensors were replaced with Simplex 2098-9441 heat sensors (their rebrand of the Chemtronics 601.)

In 1997, a couple of Simplex 4251-20 pulls that were found inoperable were replaced with Edwards/AIP-270 pulls.

In 1999, a failed Simplex 4051 horn in the hallway outside the cafeteria was replaced with a Simplex 4901-9805 electromechanical horn, mounted right onto the 4050-80.

In 2001, or whatever the year "Recess: School's Out!" takes place in, the Simplex 4207 panel started having some issues, and so a Simplex 4005 fire alarm panel took over for the system. The 4207 cabinet was gutted and modified for terminal wiring usage, with the 4005 panel installed right next to it. Also as part of this, the ESL 523C smoke detector in the main office was replaced with a Simplex 4098-9601 TrueAlarm smoke detector, and the Simplex 4051+4050-80 horn/light in the boiler room was removed and replaced with a Simplex 4903-9252 horn/strobe.

During 2008-2015, a few Simplex 4251-20 pulls that were found inoperable were replaced with 2099-9756 dual-action pulls, and some more conventional TrueAlarm detectors replaced failing ESL 523C smoke detectors and Simplex 4255-1 heat sensors.

In 2016, the Simplex 4051 horn in the music room failed, and so a Simplex 4903-9426 TrueAlert horn/strobe replaced it, mounted right onto the 4050-80 plate with the light disconnected.

Yeah, I figured they too should have a Simplex system, since their school bells (as heard in the intro and in most episodes) sound exactly like the Simplex bells at my first elementary (now K-8) school.
Gentex SPK4
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

wiley209 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:35 pm I've been watching more of Disney's "Recess" on Disney+, and with the new school year here and Halloween approaching the "Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade" direct-to-video movie that served as a finale for the series. So I've decided to come up with this...

Third Street School was built in 1951 as a K-6 elementary school. The original fire alarm system was an Autocall system, with the panel installed in an electrical room in the basement, set to Continuous. The alarm signals throughout the school were Faraday Type 2 single-projector horns, and there were Autocall non-code break-glass stations in the appropriate areas.
Semi-related, the school was also built with an old Simplex clock system, with 6" Autocall vibrating bells for the interior school bell. A couple of 10" Autocall bells with protective cages on the gongs were installed outside, including one facing the playground of course.

The school underwent some repairs and renovations in 1978 after a possible structural failure was detected. In the process, the fire alarm system was replaced. A Simplex 4207 fire alarm system was installed, with the panel placed in the main office for easier access by the school faculty and the fire department. A 4308 annunciator with the red rectangular indicator lamps was installed near the main entrance. All of the alarm signals were Simplex 4051 horns on 4050-80 light plates with black "FIRE" lettering; the system was set up so the horns sounded on Continuous while the 4050-80s flashed on a slow March Time via the 4207 panel's coding wheel. Some of them were installed right into the wall with flush-mount backboxes, while others had to be installed with the red surface-mount backboxes. The new pull stations were Simplex single-action 4251-20s (with the wire cages over them in the gymnasium), and there were also ESL 523C smoke/heat detectors and Simplex 4255-1 heat sensors in the appropriate areas.
The old Simplex time system was replaced with a newer Simplex clock system, and as a result, all of the school bells were replaced with Simplex 4090-2 6" vibrating bells, even outside! For the most part the bells were either surface-mounted on 4x4 backboxes or installed on semi-flush trim plates, depending on where they were placed, but the two bells in the gymnasium were flush-mounted behind gray grilles. Some of the original 1951 Simplex slave clocks remained intact where applicable, while others were replaced with newer clocks. The master clock eventually had to be replaced in 1997, with a Simplex 6400.

In 1983, a Simplex 4051 horn in the auditorium was found to be inoperable, and so it was replaced with a Simplex 2901-9833 horn.

In 1987, one of the two Simplex 4050-80s in the gymnasium was smashed by a dodgeball, and was replaced with a Space Age AV32 light plate (the Simplex 4051 horn survived the hit and thus remained intact.)

In 1991, the Simplex 4051 horn in the receiving area near the kitchen failed, and a Simplex 2901-9838 horn replaced it. Meanwhile in one of the hallways, a Simplex 4050-80 light plate was removed and replaced with a 4903-9001 light plate, with the 4051 horn re-mounted right onto it.

Between 1995 and 2000, some random ESL 523C smoke detectors that failed were replaced with Simplex 2098-9201 photoelectric smoke detectors. A couple of them even replaced Simplex 4255-1 heat sensors in areas where allowed! During this time a few other Simplex heat sensors were replaced with Simplex 2098-9441 heat sensors (their rebrand of the Chemtronics 601.)

In 1997, a couple of Simplex 4251-20 pulls that were found inoperable were replaced with Edwards/AIP-270 pulls.

In 1999, a failed Simplex 4051 horn in the hallway outside the cafeteria was replaced with a Simplex 4901-9805 electromechanical horn, mounted right onto the 4050-80.

In 2001, or whatever the year "Recess: School's Out!" takes place in, the Simplex 4207 panel started having some issues, and so a Simplex 4005 fire alarm panel took over for the system. The 4207 cabinet was gutted and modified for terminal wiring usage, with the 4005 panel installed right next to it. Also as part of this, the ESL 523C smoke detector in the main office was replaced with a Simplex 4098-9601 TrueAlarm smoke detector, and the Simplex 4051+4050-80 horn/light in the boiler room was removed and replaced with a Simplex 4903-9252 horn/strobe.

During 2008-2015, a few Simplex 4251-20 pulls that were found inoperable were replaced with 2099-9756 dual-action pulls, and some more conventional TrueAlarm detectors replaced failing ESL 523C smoke detectors and Simplex 4255-1 heat sensors.

In 2016, the Simplex 4051 horn in the music room failed, and so a Simplex 4903-9426 TrueAlert horn/strobe replaced it, mounted right onto the 4050-80 plate with the light disconnected.

Yeah, I figured they too should have a Simplex system, since their school bells (as heard in the intro and in most episodes) sound exactly like the Simplex bells at my first elementary (now K-8) school.
Wait, I've done this school before!
Gentex SPK4 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:57 pm Redoing the ones I already did for these two schools from Disney's Reccess.

Third Street School was built in 1928, and has gone through a few renovations over the years.

Panel
Notifier NFS-3030 w/ DVC, replacing a Notifier AM-2020 that replaced a Standard Electric Time Alarmatic that replaced the original SET UAX-3 (which was installed when the fire alarm system was automated in 1955)
Notifier NCA-2 Annunciator in Lobby, replacing a graphic annunciator
Cerberus Pyrotronics System 3 for elevator recall

Initiating Devices
The main pull stations used are Standard Electric Time 200117s. There are two Edwards 270-SPO, a Fire Lite BG-6, and a handful of Notifier NBG-12LX pulls that replaced broken 200117s. NBG-12LX pulls can also be found in the auditorium, gym, and the renovated Kindergarten & 1st Grade wing.
For smoke detectors, there is a mix of Statitrol, ESL, System Sensor (2400, i3), and Notifier (FSP) models. Most of the Standard Electric Time heat sensors are still intact, but there are a handful that have been replaced with Edwards 280 series and Notifier heat detectors. As for elevator recall, they use CP DI-3 smoke detectors.

Pull rods were previously used, but these were removed in 1972 when the new fire alarm system was installed.

Notification Appliances
The main signals used here are Standard Electric Time 450 horns on Light Plates. These signals can be found in the hallways, large rooms, media center, and cafeteria. There is a SAE 2DCD horn on an AV32 light plate in the basement, a FOS 6120+5511 in the media center, two Gentex GMS horn/strobes (one in the third grade hallway, another in the locker room), a P2R in the fifth grade hallway, and a Mircom Select-A-Horn/Strobe in the kitchen. Some restrooms have System Sensor P241575 strobes. Three classrooms have System Sensor P241575 horn/strobes. One light plate has a Federal Signal 450D horn, and another has an RSS strobe hooked up to where the light was. The auditorium and gymnasium have System Sensor SP2R1224MC speaker/strobes.
The kindergarten and first grade wing have Wheelock MT-24-VFR horn/strobes throughout (set to code-3 horn) with RSS strobes in the restrooms and storage closets. Outside that wing, there is a Wheelock ASWP horn/strobe (set to code-3).
Renovated classrooms also have Wheelock MT-24-VFR horn/strobes as well.

The original system used SET rebranded IBM 4030-2 horns, which were removed when the system had to be replaced in 1972.

Clocks/Bells/Intercom
The PA System is a Bogen Multicom 2000, replacing the original Stromberg System. The master clock panel is a Lathem LTR-512, replacing a SAL 3000 which replaced the original SET master clock panel.
For speakers, the hallways, media center, and cafeteria all use Bogen MB8TSQVR speakers. Classrooms, locker rooms, meeting rooms, and offices have Bogen ASM1 speakers. Classrooms also have Bogen CA10A call in-switches. Meeting rooms have AT10A volume controls. The auditorium and gym use Atlas Sound Megaphone speakers.
The renovated Kindergarten and First Grade wing have ceiling mounted Bogen CS1EZ speakers with classrooms and the art room have CA10A call in-switches.
Previously, the school used Lowell speakers throughout the campus, with classrooms having Standard Clock/Speaker combos.
As for clocks, there are Lathem digital clocks throughout the school, for the most part replacing the original analog Standard Electric Time clocks. There is a HUGE clock outside the school’s playground.
As for exterior bells, there are mostly Standard Electric Time 10-Inch Vibrating Bells. However, some were replaced with Faraday and Edwards 10-Inch Bells. There are two Wheelock MB10 bells that replaced two SET bells outside the K/1 wing. The internal bell is a 5-second tone over the intercom.
Prior to the installation of the SAL 3000, and eventually the Bogen Multicom 2000/Lathem LTR-512, the school had 6-inch Standard Electric Time Bells throughout the building, with one Edwards 6 inch bell.
Gentex SPK4
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Castleblanca Junior Senior High School was built in 1909 as a 3 story 400 student campus. Major expansions occurred in 1921 (new senior high gym and auditorium), 1949 (classroom addition), 1968 (planetarium), 1979 (Jr High classroom addition), 1989 (new junior high cafeteria), 2010 (new STEM wing, plus new pool), and 2011 (new senior high classroom addition)

Fire Alarm
Panel
  • Current System: Simplex 4100ES INFOALARM - Voice Evacuation Campuswide
  • Original System: Simplex 4100 replacing a coded Autocall System which was tied into a Simplex 4207.
Annunciator
  • Current System: Simplex 4603 in main office
  • Original System: Graphic Annunciator in Front Lobby
Initiating Devices
  • Current System: Pulls are Simplex 4099-9001s. Smoke detectors are all Simplex 4908-9601s mounted on 4098-9788 bases. Heat Detectors are all Simplex 4098-9733s also on 4098-9788 bases. Duct detectors are also Simplex models.
  • Original System: The 1909, 1921, and 1968 buildings had Autocall FNC pull boxes, and a few Simplex 2099 and 4521-20 pulls. The 1968 building had two Edwards 270s. There was also an EST 270-SPO as well. A mix of older Autocall heat sensors, and ESL and Simplex smokes were extant as well. The 1979 and 1989 additions had Simplex 4521-20 and 2099 pulls, as well as Simplex 2098 smoke detectors.There were also pull rods in the 1909 and 1921 buildings.
Notification Appliances
  • Current System: The entire school uses Simplex 4906-9151 speaker/strobes. These can be found pretty much everywhere except for the cafeteria, media center, and swimming pool. The cafeterias and media center have Simplex 4906-9154 speaker/strobes ceiling mounted. The pool has Wheelock ET70WP speaker/strobes.All restrooms have 4906-9101 strobes. Outside, there are Wheelock RSSWP strobes next to STH speakers. All speakers play a slow whoop tone and the standard Simplex voice message.
  • Original System: Signals in the 1909, 1921, and 1949 buildings were Autocall rebranded IBM 4030-2 horns, two of which were replaced with Wheelock 31T horns. Areas that were the former (Jr High) cafeteria had Simplex 2901-9846 horns on 4903 strobe plates. The 1968 building initially had 2 4040 horns, but one was replaced with a Wheelock 7004T. The 1979 building had Simplex 4050 horns on 4050-81 light plates, plus a single Federal 350 replacing a 4050. There were also two Simplex TrueAlerts replacing dead horns. The 1989 building had 2901-9846 horns on 4903 strobe plates. There were a few Wheelock MT4-115WMs scattered as spot replacements for broken signals as well. All restrooms had 4904 strobes.
Intercom, Bell
Main Head End Equipment
  • Current System: Rauland Telecenter VI
  • Original System: Dukane Compact, replacing a TOA
Admin Phones/Mics
  • Current System: Rauland TC6434 phone at receptionist desk, TC4333 phones in other offices
  • Original System: Tandy Mic next to Rack
Speakers/Call Switches
  • Current System: The school has Rauland ACC5WB speakers in the hallways, media center, planetarium, and cafeterias. All offices, classrooms, plus hallways in the 2010 and 2011 additions have Rauland ACC1100 speakers ceiling mounted, with all classrooms having TCDPB2 call in buttons. The auditorium, gyms, and swimming pool have Atlas AP15 speakers. Outside there are Rauland AC1411 paging horns.
  • Original System: The 1909, 1921, 1949, and 1968 buildings had Realistic power horns throughout, with IBM or Simplex Clock/Speaker Combo units in classrooms. The 1979 addition had Dukane speakers throughout the building, including Simplex clock/speaker/call switch units in classrooms. The 1989 addition had ceiling mounted Dukane speakers.
Bell
  • Current System: Chime tone over intercom - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8dUwPz3B4
  • Original System: The 1909, 1921, and 1949 buildings had IBM 6 inch bells in the hallways, with classrooms having buzzers in the clocks, with 10 inch bells outside. Some Edwards and Wheelock 6 inch bells were installed to replace broken IBM bells. The 1968 addition had two Simplex STR-6 bells, and one Federal Signal 10 inch Bell outside. The 1979 and 1989 additions had Simplex 4 inch bells inside the hallways and the cafeteria, with 10 inch bells outside. Two Edwards 4 inch bells replaced broken Simplex bells, classrooms had buzzers in the clocks.
Clock System
Master Clock
  • Current System: Rauland 2524
  • Original System: Simplex 6400 replacing a R83, replacing an IBM system
Clocks
  • Current System: The whole school has Rauland 2522 clocks throughout, with the ones in the hallways being wall-mounted dual units.
  • Original System: The 1909, 1921, and 1949 building had a mix of Simplex, Lathem, Edwards and IBM clocks. The 1968, 1979, and 1989 buildings had Simplex and Lathem clocks.