an interesting situation.

so this passed weekend, i went to upper michigan to a church camp out in the middle of nowhere, literally. The boys dormitory has a small honeywell security/fire alarm system panel with keypad. the system has 2 270-spos (must have been from the orignal system), 6 system sensor i3s (1 in each dorm room) 2 heat detectors (im guessing system sensor, dont know though,) in the bathroom and mech. room, and 1 system sensor advance horn/strobe (the really loud kind).

so heres where the story or “interesting situation” begins,
it was Saturday after noon and i was chatting with some friends in there dorm room when i look up at the ceiling, see the i3, and notice that the red LED is ON!! i accidentally blurt out, “OMG, the fire alarm system is in alarm!” every one in the room said “wut?” and i explained that the little red light means the smoke detector detected smoke at some point. one of my friends told me that the red light had been on since last night. after that, i dashed down the hall to where the panel was located and the system was in ALARM and Silenced. well after i had said “OMG, the fire alarm system is in alarm!”, one of my friends (for an unknown reason) went and told the maintenance guy about the whole thing so a few minutes later the maintence guy comes in and says "were you guys playin’ with the fy’ra larm?’ i tell him that no, i had just noticed the smoke detector had its red led on, so he takes it down and blows into i guess to clean it or something, puts it back up, resets the system. so yeah, thats my story.

also,

that night some idiots decide it would be funny to puff some e-cig smoke into a smoke detector at 4:30 in the morning so, i woke up to that spectra alert advance doing code 3. it stayed in code three until it auto-silenced 10 min. later. it was annoying.