Do you hate it when you're in school.....

And they announce that they are testing the fire alarms and to disregard them? It’s happened to me before, mostly in elementary and high school, and I HATE it!

It used to bother me, but now that I’m out of high school that doesn’t really happen anymore. :slight_smile:

In elementary school yes it did because the fire alarms were loud buzzers. High school no because it was a bell. Still annoying yes though. The same thing used to happen in the hospital I volunteered at in the mid 1990’s. That alarm was also a bell. I used to feel bad for the elderly residents there when they went off though.

I only recall two times during my grade school years that system tests were announced. The first was in the fifth grade at my elementary school, where we had a National Time horn/strobe inside our classroom. We were asked through the public address system to ignore the sound (it went off for less than a second), but it was enough to immediately fill me with anxiety and I was scared to death, even crying after the test was over. (For the record, it was the only time that day the system was tested.)

The second time was in my senior year at Stevenson, but unlike last time, the fire alarms did not sound at all, despite the announcement that the system was being tested.

Never had that happen. They made sure testing of the systems were done in the summer months.

Hated it in elementary school, (Truealerts and MT’s on high volume in concrete hallways and classrooms.) middle because we had 4903’s that would do that half blast and scare the pants off everyone. And high school in freshman year when the classes that I had had h/s in them. Now I have classes in the older building where the alarms are out in the hall. Now mostly they test during the summer. We haven’t had a drill in 4-5 months. And it is hard for them to do it now anyway because of standardized testing.
Don’t they have to list a reason in the logbook for not completing a drill that month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it depends on your state’s (assuming you live in the US) requirements. I live in New York State, where the requirement is 12 drills per school year, with 8 of them being before December 1st.

The system was only tested a few times when I was a freshmen in high school and I did get nervous about but that was it. Other than that, there was no testing during the school year.

Same, only tested during my freshman year and it was only a few times. I think the system is going to be replaced this summer. Maybe they will replace it with a 4100ES with EVAC. The panels in trouble and making beeping noises in the mechanical room. The Annunciator however stays silence for some odd reason. But it clearly has a trouble on it. So it’s gonna be replaced soon. There was a false alarm earlier this year. Maybe during the summer if it does get replaced, I might get my hands on it. I be checking the dumpster for old alarms and maybe a panel. :3

On another note, anyone know how much a 1996 4100 weighs?