The dreaded ground faults.

Ground fault. My worst phrase in this industry. Been doing inspection and service work for almost 4 years now, but I’m still not very confident in my ground fault finding capabilities,. I was wondering (and hoping) if someone wouldn’t mind taking a little time to answer a few questions and share some insight on the subject. Apparently this information is very scarce on the internet lol.

So basically, what do the values mean when metering for a ground fault? I totally understand the procedures and everything when looking for one, but often I am a little confused on what the values actually mean on my meter that I am seeing. Especially when its bouncing rapidly or intermittently showing different numbers and symbols.

Whats the difference between Ohms, M, and K. Not necessarily what the actual numerical values between the 3, but what exactly do they say about how “strong” or far away it is?

What are the lower and high values I would be seeing with those 3 symbols? And if I measure point A (from panel) to B (field) to C (field) what would the numbers be doing?

I understand each panel is different, but what is the general threshold for a trouble ground fault condition to exist on an FACP? Is it possible to find an intermittent ground fault when the system is NOT in trouble?

I think that’s all I have for now, thank you guys in advance!