Federal Signals horn at the back of Kmart.

Have you seen this? My local Kmart had one in the back of the store. It recently closed down.

Our now-closed Kmart and still functioning Ingles Market both have circa 1990 Thorn-Autocall systems, complete with Federal Signal 450D+VALS horn/strobes throughout both stores. Kmart has a couple of replacement SpectrAlert Classics, and both stores have Thorn-Autocall pulls.

Gold’s Gym is said to be moving into the old Kmart space though, so I suspect their Autocall system is doomed for removal…

It was probably the doorbell for when a truck came in.

It was a red Federal Signals horn. They also had a gray Edwards Adaptabel on one of the support beams.

Did it have an I-Strobe on it?

No. It was strobeless. It was a Federal Vibratone 450.

Did the other N/As have strobes?

The store had no clear fire alarm system. Just a red Federal Vibratone 450 on the back wall, and a gray Edwards Adaptabell on one of the support beams. The store was built in the 70s.

Well if it has no fire alarm system, it probably was just a door alarm.

Sprinklers? Could have just been wired to the waterflow switch on the sprinkler system.

The store was fully sprinklered.

They’re door alarms. We have several vibratones around my local HEB I work at, and they go off when the refrigerator doors are left open for too long.