Most "attractive" NA Poll

Which is most attractive or pleasing to look at?

• Edwards Gesesis series
  • SpectrAlert Advance series
  • SpectrAlert Classic series
  • Wheelock Exeder Series
  • Wheelock Exeder series LED
  • Edwards Intergerity series
  • System Sensor L-Series
  • Gentrx Commander series
  • Potter SH series
  • Simplex Truealert series
0 voters

Hmmm which do you think is the most attractive notification appliance?

As far as pure looks go, it’d be the Genesis. They’ve been around for like, ten years, and they still look better than most alarms today. Size of a deck of cards, yet still managing to cram a loud horn and bright xenon strobe into it. I think all companies should try to cram as much as they can into something so low-profile, seeing as huge alarms are very unsightly.

I had to vote for the TrueAlert series. Despite their large footprint, I still appreciate their simplistic yet attractive design.

Me too. I like the TrueAlerts. The Genesis is my second favorite; my elementary school for grades 4-6 had them as did my middle school. When I first went to that elementary school(my school for grades K-3 was all Wheelock EHS-DL1s and 7002ts), I looked at them and thought: Hopefully because they’re super small they won’t be loud! They had horn/strobes in every classroom, the bathrooms, and in the hallways. When we had our first fire drill there, my ears rung for a few minutes afterward because it was very loud. So loud you could hear them clearly outside from the 10 feet away we were standing. There were no outdoor alarms; that was just how loud it was inside.

Yeah. A grocery store near me has those huge rectangular Simplex horn/strobes. The TrueAlerts look better.

The Genesis simply because I like the design and the picture of the person running away from a fire.

Yeah, I think that was a good idea especially considering people that might not be able to speak or understand English would know what that means. Of course since the picture’s so small it would be really hard to see though.

Maybe make the picture just a bit bigger then?

Those of you who have seen some of my previous posts know that I’m a huge Exceder fan, but in this case I’d have to go with the Spectralert Classic series, simply because I like the design. Not simple, but not overly complicated either. The device doesn’t draw attention to itself, but you know it’s there, unlike the Genesis.

Too bad we haven’t seen any in the field yet. Ever (at least in the U.S.). There’s no record that they even exist besides the datasheet and them being on Simplex’s website. There’s not even any videos on YouTube besides Simplex’s informational video. I wonder when we will finally see one in action.

The Cleveland Hopkins Int’l Airport has them (TrueAlert ES horn strobes; wall mount and ceiling mount) in the main atrium, baggage claim, and in the security concourse area. Past the TSA checkpoints they have a combination of these, Wheelock 7002Ts (left over before the 4100ES), Gentex SHG’s (also left over), Thorn B5 pulls (also left over), and RSG t-bars (also left over). But in the international terminal, they have TrueAlert ES speaker strobes.
In the rest of the airport for initiation devices, they have 4099-9006 addressable pulls with the LED and TrueAlarm addressable smoke detectors.

Prior to the late 2015 renovations, the alarms were the existing leftover devices mentioned before and in the rest of the airport outside the domestic terminals they had non-ADA System Sensor MA/SS Sounder Strobes. I saw one in December 2015 when I flew out for a vacation; the renovations of the airport were still ongoing at that time. Later in the year, I went there again to find the construction complete and all the MA/SS’s and whatever remained of the system besides the old stuff that’s still there to be gone.

Oh, and I forgot to mention there’s Wheelock RSS-24MCW remote strobes in the restrooms; and interestingly enough, the beauty plates are red (for fire), yet the RSS’s lack the ‘FIRE’ lettering. Anyone know why they don’t have any fire lettering? Seems pretty odd to me since they are the fire alarms and there’s no mass notification system here.

on paper everything about this strobe was done right. low current draw (incredibly low at higher candelas), directly replaces xenon, full candela range, and look good, all in a single gang box.

is there a ceiling mount version?

Is that text from another language under it or is it just there to look pretty?

Assuming you are asking about the Truealert ES LED devices.
That is Arabic language.
The third bullet point under “Mechanical design features” on the datasheet is:
Available with English and Arabic FIRE lettering.

Over the years Simplex has done a lot of business in the middle east.

Oh! Then that would explain why the lettering is on there. It looks really cool!

I own one.

please make a video testing it i beg you pleeease

I’m sure a lot of people would like to see it.

Stutter Warning
It’s pretty crappy but here it is.

Also I do not own a Simplex adressable fire panel, so it is only the unboxing.