Smoke detectors/fire alarms in dreams

Has anyone here had dreams involving smoke detectors or fire alarms? Last night I had a very weird dream. Not a nightmare but just a weird dream involving a Sears Early One smoke detector. I was in the kitchen of my parents old house with my sister and the oven started smoking for some reason. The kitchen was full of smoke but none of the detectors in the house went off. Suddenly a huge oversized Sears Early One smoke detector appeared out of nowhere on the ceiling and went off. Well the detector was so loud it shook the kitchen. Then I woke up. All I can say is that was one weird dream. My parents did have a Sears Early One in their old house but it was in the upstairs hallway. It got replaced around 1997.

Okay well…when I was like in 3rd grade, I had a dream I was in a parking lot and a giant TrueAlert was rolling down a hill and crushing all the cars and I was like screaming and freaking out so I ran into the nearest building whoa how happened to be a Hastings but the alarms crashed the the wall and started screeching at me then I woke up and I scared out of my life.

Yep I was a freak child… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Wow that was some dream too by the sounds of it. I used to think I was the only one who suffered from this fear as a child that dates as far back as about 1975 when I was two. Then I found this forum and it looks like I was far from being the only one. I still don’t know what my dream last night was trying to tell me but when a Sears Early One is so loud it shakes the entire kitchen…wow that is just weird.

We’ve already had an existing topic on this before, but since the last post on that topic was made (coincidentally by me) back in August 2014, I’ll leave it up to the moderators to determine whether or not to merge this topic with the existing topic that I linked above.

Since that topic is so old and dead, we can just allow this new one to supersede it.

Interestingly, about 2 days I ago I had a dream involving my new Fenwal 3220. It only lasted for about 30 seconds, and in retrospect was kinda funny. I don’t remember what led up to it, but the panel went into alarm even though I knew there were only EOL resistors installed (which is true in reality currently). I looked inside and the leads of two resistors were touching, and I remember the LCD screen simply read “BROKEN” right in the middle, which is honestly kinda funny come to think of it.

I believe that the flood of recent posts regarding malfunctioning panels, broken horn/strobes, etc. probably contributed this dream. I usually only have dreams about stuff that is similar to what has occurred or I have seen in reality.

Sorry about that I didn’t see that. My fault but thanks for keeping it. I have also been away from the forum for a few months because I had password issues. I have been with the forum for 3 years though so I am still getting caught up in some posts. But still after that very weird dream I had last night I just wanted to share it. The Sears Early One along with the Dicon 200 was also a source of my child hood nightmares. Several years later I still don’t like the screechy buzz they made but when compared with smoke detectors of today the sound of the old ones made you jump 20 feet in the air and you didn’t stick around when it went off.

I don’t dream about fire alarms too often, but maybe once every few months I have a recurring dream where I’m at an electrical surplus store I frequent and find aisles upon aisles of rare (sometimes fictional!) devices. Now, this has actually happened to me before, but never to the extent of my dream, sadly.

lol me too and prices are always like $3 and $5 and I’m like “whoohooo yay!!” Then I wake up and contemplate my life choices.