If you could own any system...

My username will give my dream choice away :D.

My #1 dream choice is a LOADED Cerberus Pyrotronics IXL system, complete with every option available.

As for a practical conventional choice, I’m torn between a Simplex 4002-4006 or a Cerberus Pyrotronics System3 or SXL. As for addressability, a Siemens Cerberus PRO, a Simplex 4010, or a Notifier ONYX NFS-Series are my choices.

My #1 dream choice will automatically win hands-down over all of those :slight_smile:

Two Words: Notifier ONYX.

My #1 dream choice would be an Ademco 508

I’m quite fond of conventional panels from the '70s and '80s, so my dream system would be an Edwards Custom 6500 with a 456-series remote annunciator. I wouldn’t mind also having a 6700 voice communication system to accompany the 6500. Although I doubt that it would be a hobbyist-friendly panel, the 6500 remains my top choice.

My second pick would probably be a Simplex 4002. The 4002 seems like a more practical panel to own (as cerbpyro mentioned), hence my choice.

Silent Knight 5820XL-EVS with full line of SK devices

4007ES, 4003EC customized for constant slow whoop, TrueAlert ES speaker/strobes, and NO-GRIP pull stations (I’m probably in the minority that thinks they look cool).

Realistically, probably a Simplex 4004 or 4006, 2903-9101’s with -9833’s, and 4251-20’s.

I’m biased toward Simplex stuff; I’ve been around it from elementary school to college.

Hey that is something that we have in common! I have been around Simplex systems from elementary school to high school and briefly college also! Of course there were other horns there also.

Same…my 4004 came in the mail today; I should have it up and running by early July (I have to go on vacation to Colorado at the end of June; and it’s probably going to be really cold there…ugh…I didn’t schedule the vacation though so whatever)

I’d do 2903-9101/9838’s and 4903-9104’s and 2901-9846’s on 120BPM march time just like my school. However I believe the 4004 doesn’t like mechanical horns so I’m using my 9236 and 9427 4 wire TrueAlert to be safe. I have two new 2099 T-bar pulls on the way as well as a Simplex smoke (2098-9201 with 2098-9211 base) and I got my Simplex key switch in the mail today as well; most of the components besides the 9236, the smoke, and the panel were all NIB…and yes, it was A LOT of money…several hundred dollars worth at least (about $400 or so).

But at least I spent some of my birthday/Christmas money that’s been saved in my saving account for years on cool stuff, so yeah. I haven’t hooked up the 4004 because I need a grounding screw and power cord for it (I’ll probably grab those at Lowe’s tomorrow when I go to buy the new board).

System will be wall mounted on the only wall in my basement that’s not cement/exterior walls (I live in one of those “open-concept” houses so there’s not too much wall space) so I’m mounting it on the wall next to the stairs…it’s the only wooden/stud based interior wall in my basement. But at least I got the green light to wall mount the board. I still have to finish reading the 4004 manual and wiring diagrams before I get started; so it’ll probably be a few weeks until I’m done with it.

But yeah, I finally got my “dream” system…at least for now.

Although not necessarily the ideal system to go along with the rest of my modern equipment, I’d love to get my hands on a large Simplex 4207 or 4208 system. I had the opportunity to purchase a small 4208 about 4 years ago, but the price wasn’t right.

Plus, with that coded pull you got, you need it to work! (As of post time)

That’s true! I can get it to work partially as it is, however without the panel connection I’m having a difficult time performing a reset on the device.

Can you at least do a demo video as is, showing it off please?

My dream system to get is an Edwards 6500 fire panel. The only one I know of that’s still in service is in my former high school, which is set to be torn down in the next few years. I’m hoping to scrap that entire system once the school is closed and the new one is built, there’s plenty of rare stuff in that system (Edwards 241 fire detectors, Edwards 23 & 24 bells, etc).