Wheelock CH70 Conversion

Hello. This might be a stupid question, but is there any way I can convert my CH70 to play a continuous tone output instead of a chime? Think of it as a low frequency sounder. I have a couple CH70s, and the one i’m trying to modify is in very bad condition, but it still works. Thanks for all input if any.

UHHHHMMMMM. Locate the wires that go to the speaker, cut them, make them longer if you want, then connect it directly to some kind of audio output and play a continuous tone. This is really the only way to do it. Basically you are converting it to a Speaker/Strobe. If you really don’t care about the module, try messing around with the tone generator to see if you can short it on some way to out out a continuous tone. It is very unlikely so my first suggestion is probably best…

let me know if that helps!

[quote] Hello. This might be a stupid question, but is there any way I can convert my CH70 to play a continuous tone output instead of a chime? Think of it as a low frequency sounder. I have a couple CH70s, and the one i'm trying to modify is in very bad condition, but it still works. Thanks for all input if any. [/quote] I'm told no question is a stupid question. Here would be my way, but it would require some work and knowledge. If you are familiar with electronics (circuits, not computers), you could build a circuit that emits a steady tone through the speaker. That would require some knowledge and skill though, as well as some basic components. If you have a good background building circuits, let me know and I will explain further.