Different Fire Alarm NAs in the Classrooms than Hallways (2.0)

Hello! Since the last topic about this went stale four years ago, I’ve decided to bring it back. Basically, if the fire alarms in your school classrooms were different than the ones located in the hallways, feel free to post it here.

My middle school’s old system had a veriety of alarms, but mostly Gentex SHGs set to march time located in the hallways. The classrooms used ADA Gentex GX-90Ses however. My high school’s east building classrooms are just remote strobes, whether they be 4904-9105s or TrueAlert strobes. It’s cool because then (at least with the door closed) it isn’t ear-bleeding loud.

As I said before, this only really happened in my elementary and high schools. Junior high school the whole building has Simplex 4051 horns on 4050-80 light plates. The light plates are in march time, the horns are in continuous. The only two rooms that had alarms in them was the mechanical drawing classroom (now a music room) and the wood shop lab (now a robotics lab).

In my elementary school, the main signals are (were) Simplex 4903-9219 horn/strobes. Eight rooms have (had) different horns/strobes. The ESL room which is in the back of another room has (had) a Gentex SHG. The speech room also has (had) an SHG but at a different pitch. The music room has (had) a Wheelock AS in code-3. The cafeteria, the foyer outside the cafeteria, the elevator room and I think the storage and the boiler room in the back of the teacher’s lounge has (had) Simplex 2901-9838 horns on 4903-9101 strobe plates. Bathrooms in all areas except the cafeteria bathrooms has (had) Simplex 4904-9138s in them. In 2013, the whole system was replaced with SpectrAlert Advanced Speaker/Strobes.

In my high school, the main signals are Simplex 2901-9838 horns on 4903-9101 strobe plates. The Aquaculture Building which is a classroom building now consisting of two classrooms has a Simplex 4903-9219 horn/strobe in the walkway between the two rooms (there are also 4903-9219s in the Biotechnology hallway and the Machine Shop hallway). The former assessment center which became a special education classroom has (had) a Space Age Electronics 2DCD horn in it on an AV32 light plate that blinked in march time. The area outside of the room near the exit and the Cosmetology Shop also had one. They were eventually replaced by Siemens U-MMTs which must have been new/old stock since this was DURING the seven year lawsuit that Wheelock filed against them. Other than that, the Modular Building has Edwards 892-2Bs (not in the classrooms), the lecture hall has a Classic SpectrAlert and outside on the Aquaculture Building has a Wheelock AS. When they took out the 2DCDs+AV32s to replace them with the U-MMTs, they put TrueAlert horn/strobes in the hallway bathrooms and strobes in the classrooms that had bathrooms. I don’t think this was done with the Aquaculture or Modular Building.