Simplex 2099 T-Bars

So I’ve recently ordered a 2099-9754 pull station to eventually add to my system, well to my surprise there was no terminal block? I thought it came broken and later found out the mini screws on the back of the push button is where the connections are made. What is the point of this as it seems abnormally tiny for anything over 18 gauge copper wire. Is this the case with all -9754? I’ve saw some 2099-9101 and -9102’s with terminal blocks. What is Simplex’s reasoning behind this? Just curious

Money. No, I’m serious. No brand bashing intended here; Simplex is and always will be (hopefully) my favorite brand.
Unfortunately, only the first generation models of the series featured the more regular terminal blocks and they are very hard to find. The first gen models came out in 1991 and probably made it up till ‘95 or so before they switched to the current design. IMO the current terminal arrangement makes it a huge pain to wire and has to be done carefully and precisely to work properly, so that’s why when I put up my 2099’s I keep them up for awhile.