Did the schools you go to have sprinklers?

None of the schools I went to had sprinklers. The schools I went to were pretty old. I think that schools built nowadays are required to have sprinklers.

Usually they’re hidden in the ceiling behind the hanging tiles. Its that way at my HS, except in the science lab… That one has explosion proof heads hanging from pipes.

I hope those never have to be testing for their explosion resistance rating… :shock:

None of the schools I went to had sprinklers. Only CO²/Pressurized water extinguishers.

The only school I went to with sprinklers was the building my preschool program was in (it was originally built as part of the old high school in 1916, then repurposed into an elementary school in 1974, which is when the sprinklers were installed.) All my other schools didn’t have sprinklers, and STILL don’t. Especially shocking is the high school I went to, opened in 1971 and is a HUGE school campus. When I mention how the school needs updating, I usually point out the lack of a sprinker system, along with still having a really obsolete fire alarm setup (with flush-mount Simplex 4040 horns and Edwards 270-SPO pulls mounted up quite high). But there is currently talk going on that they plan to expand and renovate the high school, so chances are when that happens they’ll put in sprinklers throughout the campus (along with finally getting a more modern up-to-date fire alarm system.)

At my college, the only building with sprinklers is the Fine Arts building, probably because it was the last building to be built on the campus (in 1978) and because of requirements then with a theatre stage. With that said, sprinklers are only found on the stage area and in the basement (where we store props and scenery for our shows), and oddly enough in the dressing rooms. I’m surprised they haven’t attempted to expand the sprinkler system to cover the rest of the building yet, or install sprinklers in the other buildings. (They do try to keep their fire alarm systems as modern and up-to-code as possible.)

My college was the only school to have sprinklers. My high school had a fire hose system installed (from the 60s), besides that my elementary school hd nothing.