House fire

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum trying to figure out the best and loudest fire alarm for my parents and us. Our friend died in a house fire and I am worried about that happening to us. I’ve been researching alarms and my parents told me I can choose whatever the best system i want as long as I quit worrying.
Anyone have any ideas?

If you want to get a good home system, I don’t have any recommendations for panels as I only have a burglar/fire combo panel. But as far as horns and strobes go, I don’t see the need for strobes. For horns though, I’d recommend System Sensor HW-LF for bedrooms. They don’t have fire markings and they aren’t too noticeable or intrusive. They are also low frequency, so they are good at waking people up, even deep sleepers. For hallways, I recommend System Sensor HGWL or HW. They have a loud broadband sound that easily penetrates doors, or if you go with the HGWL, you can set it to a less harsh 3kHz sound, like a typical smoke alarm. For detectors, you could install System Sensor i3 2WT-B with thermal sensors or you could choose to skip the horns and just use 2WTA-B with a System Sensor RRS-MOD. The 2WTA-B has a sounder as well as thermal sensors.

If you need general information on installation, I’m eager to help you.

i would look into interconnected smoke detectors like the NEST ones. if one goes off, it sets all of the others off, plenty of alarm for the entire house.

Put one in each bedroom and each hallway on the way to the exit out of the house, and you should be covered.

Plus the NEST’s are wireless, text your phone when there’s an emergency, detect smoke as well as Carbon Monoxide, give warnings before going into full alarm, and they are silenceable with just a wave to the alarm. Plus you can get hardwire or battery versions and they all have a motion sensor nightlight

Another good option would be the Gentex 7139CS, which has a high candela strobe in addition to the sounder, can be interconnected so all units in the house go off at once, and runs off 120VAC mains power in addition to having a battery backup (the strobe won’t flash if running from the battery).