You've seen funny names for animals...

But I’ve got something even better:

I thought this was going to be totally stupid like the <URL url="Fire alarm jokes]Fire Alarm Jokes[/url] topic but these actually ended up being funny haha. My personal favorite is the “Spider Jail” one.

Haha, thanks!

“Door Knob” for the System Sensor 1400.

“Ceiling Wart” for the System Sensor 2400.

Credit to NewAgeServer for these nicknames, I thought they fit here.

I felt like I’d share too my list of nicknames that I sometimes give to alarms:
Klaxon Sonos DC (Knockoff of the infamous Roshni sounder): “Bouton d’acné prêt à exploser” (Pimple ready to blow up) because they look like a pimple… Gross.
This oldie Legrand MCP (obligated to link the image): “Interrupteur à frapper d’urgence” (Switch to punch in case of emergency), because it’s so hard to activate, that you need to PUNCH it until it activates.
Ademco 623-6/12 (both 6VDC and 12VDC versions): Ceiling faucet knob (don’t confuse with the doorknob)… Don’t know where I got this one from lol
Simplex 4262-5: The Silver U.F.O. (It looks like a flying saucer… now with 100% more radiation of course!)

(Can’t add pictures… I’m too lazy to do so, sorry :oops:)

I nicknamed the 2 2DCD horns at my high school “Ear Bleeders” because of how obnoxiously loud they are.

I’ve always wondered how hard is it to break the glass on those European pull stations. Thank God we use handles over here.

I sometimes refer to SpectrAlert Advances (and L-Series I guess) as “Ear Shredders” because of the tone and volume.

It’s juste a plastic membrane, once it’s activated you can set it back into normal position with a lever key.

I’ve always wondered how easy those things are to accidentally activate since you push into them to set them off and someone might accidentally lay up against it.

For Edwards Adaptahorn , the newer model, I don’t know about this but maybe “cake compressor” because it reminds me of a compressor from the looks of it and its sound reminds me of cake. I think it might be a bad name though.

You mean the square version? Because that sort of reminds me of a pool drain vent.

Yeah that one.

I got one that I have heard of but never heard it go off in person. How about called the Simplex/Gentex GX-90 “Flatline” if it is in continuous or “Heartbeat” if it is in march time. Oh and “Arrythmia” if it is in code-3.

That one National time Horn (which I don’t recall the model but I know for sure that it’s very old and is creepy looking)… It looks almost like a orange (the citrus… not the county in California lol) slice minus the color.

1 Like

Also :
Gentex GMS/GOS/SHG: Target shooter. It looks like a weapon disguised as a target.
Amseco/Mircom/Potter SHW horn strobe: French Onion Soup. It reminds me of this because of the strobe.
EST Genesis: no!no!. It looks like an electric shaver or the no!no!.

I think I remember back in elementary school I actually named the SHG in the then-art/music room “Ernest” for some unexplained reason and I named the Simplex strobe in the girls room basement “Bridget”

The Gentex Commander 3 looks like a walkie-talkie to me

Is it the National Time 411?

Yes! That’s exactly the one I was referring about.