Soon to Wire in Smoke Detectors

hello everyone:
Well I scratched the idea of installing a conventianal fire alarm system and instead expanded with First Alert AC Powered Smoke Detectors with battery back up and Ionization (it was cheaper to buy) Even though I know alot of you are gonna chew me out for this but I fitted the house with 4 stand alone model First Alert 9120B Ionization smoke detectors and replaced two obsolete First Alert smack alarms with one interconnected 9120B connected to a First Alert heat Detector.

I’m no electrician so Im gonna hire an electrician to wire in a new system, we have one spot left on our cur cit breaker that I intend to use for the system so I can test the battery fuction without shutting off main power.

What do you guys think?

I think this would be more suited for Fire Alarm Help.

I can’t really offer much help because I don’t know everything about smoke detection, I do a lot more in the panel/electronics side.

If I were you I’d install some photoelectric detectors along with the ionization ones. The First Alert 7010B or the Kidde P12040 are great alarms. You probably should also install a few CO detectors. There are some combination smoke/CO detectors, like the First Alert SC7010B, Kidde KN-COSM-IB, or the FireX KN-COPE-IC.

I would also check out Gentex’s GN-503F or S1209F, because unlike any other smoke alarm out there, these sync the piezo’s.