Best Fire Alarm Deals

What are your guy’s best deals when buying fire alarms?

For Example, I got 2 White Gentex Commander 3’s and a sync module all for $13. I got 2 brand new SpectrAlert Classics for $10. I got a white SpectrAlert advance Low Frequency Horn/Strobe for $25. And I got a lot of 24 White Edwards Geneses for $12.

Probably my panel. Got an MS-9200UD for $90 since the guy selling it said that it had a “to be refurbished” tag on it. I got it, and it works perfectly. The loop works, relays work, NACs work, serial out works, basically everything works to the extent of my knowledge.

I got 6 fire alarm panels for $200, one of the better deals I’ve had.

Good god man, what panels did you get?

I’ve gotten a DMP annunciator for $8, a 1940s Edwards clock panel in great condition for $30, a good number of notification appliances somewhere in the $3-$5 range, and an Edwards 281A heat detector for a whopping 95 cents.

While it’s not related to fire alarms… the best deal I ever got was two brand new URA 118218 emergency lighting/exit sign combo for 2€ (~$2,47), these are usually sold off at 50-150€ (~$61-185) Note that I’m unsure of the exact price, but I know for sure they aren’t cheap!

Here’s a picture of one of these:

(old picture I took back in April 2017, you can click on it to view it in full size)

That looks like the Edwards Genesis of exit signs honestly lol

Every one in a while, I get my hands on something that would eventually find its way into a dumpster. Most of those acquisitions operated properly, though some did not. I got some of my more “uncommon” devices in this manner.

That’s actually what exit signs in most of the world look like, it’s an international standard, and has been used for decades already in Europe since people there speak many different languages, and might not understand what a red “EXIT” (or “SORTIE”, “AUSFAHRT”, “SALIDA”, “POISTUMINEN”, “SAIDA”, “VYJEZD”, etc) sign means. Even Canada now requires it for new installations.

There’s good article on this subject here: The big red word, the little green man, and the international war over exit signs.

Yes, I even have a old Luminox exit sign, it has the old french “SORTIE DE SECOURS” (white lettering on green background) sticker on it, sometimes the technicians just slap an arrow or nothing on the cover.

I got my 6632 as well as 6602 fire panels from Chubb Edwards for FREE. I got them for free because the technician from Chubb Edwards who works at the Hospital my dad works at (he is the plant manager) is a good friend with my dad. I have also received lots of replaced edwards 270-GAOs from the hospital for free as they were going to be thrown out anyways. As for money deals, I won an eBay auction back in November for 10 fire alarm parts in a lot for $90.

I have a GE Concord 4 commercial/residential Fire and Burglary panel that I mainly use as a fire panel. In pursuit of expanding my system, I’ve encountered a fair share of deals on eBay. Although I didn’t buy everything I’m about to mention, I do know a good deal when I see one.

First off, the biggest deal I’ve found was for a used GE Concord 4 system.
Price: around $44
Includes:

• GE Concord 4 Panel
  • 2 Keys to enclosure
  • 2 Vector Security branded ITI 60-746-01 keypads
  • GE 60-777-01 Phone interface & voice module (allows system to talk over system speakers)
  • (at least) 4 GE 60-362 Wireless door sensors (with external contact wiring terminals, perfect for converting wired sensors to wireless)
  • GE 60-688-95 wireless micro door sensor
  • 2 Honeywell 746 speakers
  • Some scraps of red fire alarm cables
    Missing:
  • any codes to the system whatsoever
  • power supply
  • battery
  • documents and boxes

System Sensor SpectrAlert CH241575 Chime Strobe
I believe I got this for $20. It was NIB. A pretty rare find for 2017, a classic SpectrAlert Chime Strobe. It’s red, no fire lettering, and fixed at 15/75 cd. I especially love the 500Hz mechanical horn tone. It also has the classic SpectrAlert horn tone at 3000Hz. The strobe can be flipped so you can switch which side the strobe is on when mounted. Given how rare this device is, I think the price was a steal.

Next up, we have some deals that I’ve viewed but never taken up.

ESL TX-6010-01-1 wireless smoke & heat detector
I’ve seen many listings for these at insanely low prices. I’ve seen one literally called “Smoke alarm” and no other details, priced at around $17. I’ve seen another listing that was priced at ~$30 too.

The best deal I’ve come across was a lot of 13 pull stations (mix of Edwards 270-SPOs, Mirtone 73303s, and Pyrotronics MS-51s) for which I paid about $12 in 2011. I won the eBay auction for $0.99 and paid about $11 for shipping.

EST 1 (fried), Mirtone 7600 and 7800, EST 6601, Edwards 1527 (broken power supply), & a Mircom FA-101. I also just got an Edwards 2280 from work, it was replaced with an EST Quickstart Plus.