What devices have YOU gotten for free?

I want to make this topic for people who have had experiences getting free fire alarm parts. Weather it be from a replacement, demolition, renovation, friend or family member, tell me your interesting stories. :wink:

For many years it was about half of my collection, but as I have purchased more devices since I would say about 30% of the alarm devices now in my collection I removed from buildings before their demolition. Most of these came from an old outboard motor plant where my dad worked maintenance before the facility was torn down, and others have come from other miscellaneous interior demolitions/renovations of buildings.

These free devices include two of my main panels: the Ansul AutoPulse 2000 and DMP XR-500 panels installed on my System Test board were both from the outboard motor plant.

Iā€™ve gotten both of my panels for free; a Notifier NSP-25 and a Fire Lite 5024. Iā€™ve also gotten a handful of Spectralert classics for free (which were included with the 5024).

Only device I got for free is my old Ademco 623-12 smoke/heat detector. It actually came from the trash (removed as it was ā€œtoo oldā€) but despite this, it works like a charm.

I might as well throw in some stuff I have gotten for free. Both my panels I have received for free from Chubb Edwards. I have gotten several 270-GAOs and est smoke detectors from the hospital my dad works at, and another smoke detector from my school.

Sorry to bump but I got a Kidde RSG t bar.

Sorry for bumping too, I got a simplex 4904-9331 strobe and a detector base from my primary school custodian. Another custodian at my high school saved me a notifier sdx-551 detector and almost got a module from an old notifier panel but turned it down since i donā€™t have a panel that works with it, I kinda regret it because I couldā€™ve sold it for some money. AFAIK, the module is still there new in package, the school year is starting soon and Iā€™ll get it if that particular custodian is there

I got a E2S (rather traded my second Sonos sounder as, it lacked a volume knob (because also I donā€™t wanna strain some more the power source as a Sonos running full berserk already killed off one PSU (it was rated for 4 amps, 16V yet it died without any warning))) plus you donā€™t find many E2S or Yodalarm sounders outside of UK tho, exception of the infamous Roshni ROLP and theā€¦ Sonos.

I got a notifier SDX-551, a simplex 4904-9331 and a simplex 4098-9788 base for free from a custodian

My Norelco smoke detector was free as it was the original detector to the house I moved into with my family over a year ago. A contractor removed the detector for me to keep.

So far, from my job, Iā€™ve obtained a System Sensor 2400TH (very yellow), and two ESL Interlogix TX-6010-01-1ā€™s. The ESLs were taken from a GE Simon being replaced by a 2GIG. Took them down and put up SMKT3ā€™s in their spot.

I recently got an FBII XL4CPO, a Silent Knight NAC extender, a bunch of addressable smokes, a couple modules, and a box of TrueAlerts. The Truealerts were spares that came from an abandoned building, and everything else is from somebody who dropped them off at my door. All I did was ask on my local FB for sale page if anybody had any FA related equipment, and tada.

From my job I got an Edwards 2280, an Edwards 333-D bell and 2 Edwards 270-GAOs from my moms work (retirement home), & an Edwards 23 Bell from an old hospital.

My first free device was a Simplex 4903-9101 strobe plate w/ 2901-9838 horn, including a mounting plate and a back box. This came from an old school building where I live that was torn down.
I also got a newer Kidde pull station that was thrown out for whatever reason, and a couple of Federal Signal Vibratone 350 horns from a chicken processing plant.