What's the deal with the Vibratone horn series?

I’ve heard of the Vibratone 450 B4, D2, and a C2. What’s so special about the series of horn? Do they sound different?

Anyway, I think it has to do with the voltage and the type of horn assembly they use.

I’ve heard ones that sound like rattling metal and ones that sound like a proper horn. That would make more sense.

1. B1, B2, B3, and B4: These have the regular Federal Signal mechanism.
  2. C1, C2, C3, and C4: These use the horn from the Faraday 6120 (or Simplex 2901-9838).
  3. D1, D2, D3, and D4: These utilize the newer Faraday 6220 (or 6230, w/newer model, or Simplex 4901 mechanical horn series, also used in the 4903 mechanical horn/strobes).

There’s also the Vibratone 450E, which is an electronic horn related to the other Vibratones in name only.

Where would the Federal Signal 450 that sounds like a Simplex 4041 fall under? Since the Simplex 4041 is the predecessor of the 9806, I’m gonna assume it comes in from the B-series?

I believe it may be A1, I forgot about that tjough.

So if it is named “450D”, that means it has the D horn right? Except all 450Ds I have heard on YouTube are ones that sound like 9806s.

I think it (for some strange reason) means that it is a electromechanical horn.

Yeah that actually makes a lot more sense.