Advice for building demolition coming up

Ok, so there is this old golf course in our city close to my house that closed 4 years ago. The golf course had a rather large building/club with a restaurant and golf store. From what I can recall being there, there is a fire alarm system in the building. The system is a mircom system with "6 bells and ms 401 pull stations. I am not certain what the panel is but my guess is an FA-1000 (mircom) because of the buildings size. The building has minor vandalism from what I have been told by people who have gone inside after it closed (graffiti, smashed windows). It is now all boarded up. The building is going to be demolished (date unconfirmed) and I hope to get the ENTIRE system by calling whatever company puts up a sign for something like, “coming soon redevelopment” and asking them to let me salvage it or have someone salvage it for me. I have 2 concerns however. First, it’s wondering if vandals destroyed the pull stations or the panel if they got access to it, or if they spray painted the devices. The second concern is that if the company said yes, will they let me uninstall the system (under supervision of course) or will they have someone meet me and give me the alarms later on? Any advice?

The FACP is probably fine. Pulls and NA’s may have spray paint, but I doubt that people purposefully go after pull stations or NA’s.

Letting you uninstall the system is dependent on the company. If you are not an adult, they may not be super happy letting you take the system out. It’s all about liability. Just treat the company with respect, hope for the best but anticipate for the worst.

Hope you can pull everything out, that’s a pretty exciting find.

Thank you, it is an exciting find, though I knew about this since the place closed as it is only like 4 blocks away from my house. The mircom fa-1000 is a perfect hobby panel. It’s reliable, easy to program, has walk test, 4 coding options, 2 stage feature , and more. Only bummer is that it outputs FWR, probably because mircom never really made any electromechanical horns and used bells more. I know the bells aren’t vandalized because they were REALLY up high on the wall, way out of reach, so it’s really pull stations. One last thing, the reason the panel is a concern is because it is not in an electrical room, it is just inside the main enterence doors, unprotected

If this is purely a hobby system and proper NAC supervision isn’t a concern, I think Zach Fleck used a DC-DC converter to just filter out the FWR on his MS-9200UDLS and drop out filtered DC current for his Simplex horns. https://www.amazon.com/DROK-Converter-Step-down-Regulator-Stabilizer/dp/B01MT8BBC1 Just dial in the voltage and it filters it.

[quote] If this is purely a hobby system and proper NAC supervision isn't a concern, I think Zach Fleck used a DC-DC converter to just filter out the FWR on his MS-9200UDLS and drop out filtered DC current for his Simplex horns. [url]https://www.amazon.com/DROK-Converter-Step-down-Regulator-Stabilizer/dp/B01MT8BBC1[/url] Just dial in the voltage and it filters it. [/quote]

I will definitely look into this as my 6632 (EST) panel also outputs FWR, thanks for the link

I will be getting one of those dc-dc filters

When the old elementary school in my area from 1921 was torn down in June 2017 and they were ripping everything out in March 2017, I happened to see some workers ripping stuff out of the building so I asked them. Two weeks later my mom picked up a big box of alarms from them.