Favorite Simplex notification appliance?

Favorite Simplex notification appliance?

0 voters

Mine’s a TrueAlert.

2903 light plates because they are easy to work with and they look cool

4030 all the way, the louder a NA is, the more I like it

Mine should be pretty easy but in case its not for some reason, its the 4051 because I like how old they are and how they sound and how memorable they are. I’ve heard them for the first time in my middle school and I really enjoyed each of their pitches. They have a really unique blare when they go off.

My second Simplex notification appliance favorite would be the 9219, because it was the first fire alarm I ever heard.

I don’t mind the 4030, it’s just that they don’t really look like a fire alarm. They look more like a horn you would see on a truck or boat. Other than the design, I think it is a very cool device :smiley:

Older horns were designed like that.

The Adaptahorn if it didn’t come with its light or strobe plate didn’t look like a fire alarm either.

Definitely the P2RL on the strobe plate. There has never been a more classic, iconic Simplex device than that.

A close second would be an Exceder slapped onto a 4905 adapter plate. What I would pay to get my hands on one of those…

What about a TrueAlert on 4 strobe plates?

As long as the strobe plates are all at right angles to each other and out of sync.