L-Series 4-Wire devices are now available.

And it only took them a month from when they said that they would ACTUALLY be available. LOL

So they did release them after all, I was thinking they might have just cancelled them since 4-wire appliances have next to no use within fire alarm systems nowadays. Also it’s interesting that they’re only available with FIRE lettering, I would expect 4-wire devices to also be offered with no lettering since they could be ideal for other non-fire alarm applications.

Now let’s see whether they release a weatherproof version of the L-Series, and if so when.

And just yesterday, they posted the picture to go along with it.

Would the 4-wire devices really look that much different from the 2-wire devices?

The only difference would be in the number of screw terminals.
I agree with MayerFire though, there’s really no reason to use 4-wire signals anymore, unless it’s replacing an old signal. Most major signal manufactures make it so that you can sync the horn and strobe over two wires.

I’d argue not even then. If you’re replacing a 4-wire device, you could just connect a 2-wire device to whichever circuit is not coded (if both circuits are coded, you’re screwed anyway because the strobe needs to be on a non-coded circuit).

I can see 4-wire devices having other uses in general signaling, but like I mentioned, System Sensor only released them with FIRE lettering, so they can’t be used outside of fire alarm systems.

Well sort of. You can buy bezels to fit over the existing lettering on the signal, and they do make plain bezels.

You’re right. I thought they only made the lettered ones (FIRE, FUEGO, FOGO, AGENT, ALERT and EVAC).

Though I wonder how well those stay attached to the device. You wouldn’t want the plain bezel on your refrigerant leak alarm to fall off and reveal the FIRE lettering right before an inspection.

They might release the plain and Spanish ones as well.