Question about Bosch annunciators.

At Peter Piper Pizza, I saw a Bosch D125(5/7) annunciator. Supposedly, these are 12VDC, but the signals are EST Genesis, rated at 16 to 33 volts. Are they able to function somehow despite the different ratings?

it’s possible they’re driven by an auxiliary NAC booster that outputs 24 volts.
A lot of signals that only have a 24V rating work (at reduced capacity) at 12V since the 24V rating is just “nominal,” and the devices are designed to work anywhere on a range of 16-33V, so that they’ll be able to work under “suboptimal” conditions, like voltage drop across long wire runs, and still work when the system is operating on depleting batteries, etc.
It’s possible but highly unlikely that the installers just connected them to 12V DC, they most likely would work although the system would definitely not be compliant.

[quote=theboginator post_id=79582 time=1521306714 user_id=3768]

it’s possible they’re driven by an auxiliary NAC booster that outputs 24 volts.
A lot of signals that only have a 24V rating work (at reduced capacity) at 12V since the 24V rating is just “nominal,” and the devices are designed to work anywhere on a range of 16-33V, so that they’ll be able to work under “suboptimal” conditions, like voltage drop across long wire runs, and still work when the system is operating on depleting batteries, etc.
It’s possible but highly unlikely that the installers just connected them to 12V DC, they most likely would work although the system would definitely not be compliant.

[/quote]

Okay. I was just wondering if they sold this annunciator in 24 volts. Well, too bad then, I was hoping to get a similar annunciator, but in 24VDC, but I don’t think it exists. Well, thanks for explaining.