Wheelock Sync Module Question

Are Wheelock sync modules relay based? (i.e. They make the “clicky” sound when activated)

Thanks in advance

Yes they are relay based, but unlike relay based control panels, they use timers in place of latching circuits (example: 555 timer) to control the timing of the pulses. System Sensor and Gentex both use what is referred to as solid state logic, which does the same thing as relays, but it switches the polarity back and forth instead of turning on and off. Solid state tends to be a little more reliable than dry contact relays because of the fact that there are less moving parts. I’ve switched my homemade control panel to solid state circuitry for that reason.

[quote=LSSD_2002 post_id=79675 time=1521925081 user_id=4021]

Yes they are relay based, but unlike relay based control panels, they use timers in place of latching circuits (example: 555 timer) to control the timing of the pulses. System Sensor and Gentex both use what is referred to as solid state logic, which does the same thing as relays, but it switches the polarity back and forth instead of turning on and off. Solid state tends to be a little more reliable than dry contact relays because of the fact that there are less moving parts. I’ve switched my homemade control panel to solid state circuitry for that reason.

[/quote]

Ahh,

Thank you, Thank you