Silent Knight New Panels

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
Patrick
Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:04 am

Silent Knight has updated their panel line up with some new updated features such as the ability to network and more panel flexibility with regard to SLC expansion. We have already seen Fire Lite update their panels, and Notifier will be updating theirs here soon as well. I don't know what Gamewell has in store, but I know that the Notifier 50 and 100 panels will be just like the Fire Lite versions, and that the Onyx panels will have touchscreen interfaces. Also, we just sent a couple of guys to Fire Lite training and they said that there will be a panel called the ES1000 as well, which I have a feeling will be similar to the SK 6820, which is the updated 5820.

http://www.silentknight.com/Pages/Categ ... LENTKNIGHT

Patrick
Ummm yeah, did you get that memo? - Bill Lumbergh, 'Office Space'
JRs
Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:32 am

Yeah I saw this today. Looks like Honeywell rebranded all the silent knight stuff. Only thing I dislike with the new SK panels is, the F1-F4 disable buttons is only available on the new 6860 annunciator and not on the actual face itself. Where firelite has them on the main facp. Also the Farenhyt series finally released new panels also.
Any help with Silent Knight, Firelite or Notifier. Feel free to PM me.
JRs
Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:35 am

And with the upcoming new Notifer Fire Warden 50/100 panels, they now will be able to communicate with the onyx devices. So now you can replace an old AFP-100 or 200 with the smaller panel. Before it had to be NFS-320.
Any help with Silent Knight, Firelite or Notifier. Feel free to PM me.
HappyJigg
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: HappyJigg

Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:20 pm

It seems like SK developed these new panels in house similar to what they did with the 5600. The biggest giveaway to this is the 6820 being the 6820 instead of the 6820XL. I am glad that these new panels are sticking to the same interface as the old ones. It is just what SK needed, as the 5800 series is over 20 years old now. I am very glad and extremely surprised to see that they are networkable too. SK panels should have always had that.
Have any questions or concerns about Silent Knight panels? Ask me! I own THREE of them!
619TBLShooter
New User
New User

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Only problem I've run into is a different can size and different software from 5820 to 6820. Not a drop in replacement....but definitely an upgrade.
Patrick
Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician

Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:29 am

619TBLShooter wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:59 pm
Only problem I've run into is a different can size and different software from 5820 to 6820. Not a drop in replacement....but definitely an upgrade.
That really sucks as far as different can size is concerned. I recently replaced a Notifier Firewarden 50 with a new 50X panel, and much to my surprise it fit perfectly in the old can without any problems. The door obviously has to be swapped to make it work, but it can be directly swapped from an older panel.

I have downloaded and looked at the new SK software and it almost seems more cumbersome than the previous version. It is too bad because programming on a laptop makes it marginally more easier than front panel programming, really only saving time on device descriptions in my opinion. I am interested in seeing how the networking capabilities work. I will be going to the class, just don't know when I'll have the time.

Patrick
firedup
New Participant
New Participant

Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:37 am

Patrick,
Any thoughts on the SK 6820 (if you've had a chance to try it) and networking?

You mentioned also that Notifier Onyx was coming out with new panels, and FireLite was coming out with an ES1000 - any idea when we might see these?
HappyJigg
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: HappyJigg

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:10 am

The 6000 series NEEDS HFSS to do any kind of mapping, and the networking is ONLY for reporting, just to let you use one panel for reporting. It is not as exciting as it sounds at first, but at least the 6820 still goes in the same cabinet as the 5808, 5208, and the IFP 100.
Have any questions or concerns about Silent Knight panels? Ask me! I own THREE of them!
Patrick
Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician

Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:08 pm

I have not yet installed any of the new SK stuff or had a chance to get to the class yet so I still have experience with it. We do a lot of work for a school district that solely uses SK 5820 panels so in due time I will probably see a 6820. Notifier just released the NCD touchscreen display which is meant as a network display, but is also able to be the primary display on any onyx panel. Right now they are limited to just display events, ie you can't program the panel from them. They are supposed to release software updates in the future that give them more capability but Notifier seems like they keep pushing those dates back so there is no telling when those updates will be available. New Notifier panels are a long ways off, and I'm sure whatever date they project will be pushed back further anyway. I still haven't heard anything else about the Fire Lite panel either.

Patrick
firedog

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:43 pm

So far I've installed four sites with the new 6000 series panels. (1) 6820 and (3) 6808's and I had to return two of the 6808's because they failed the initial testing on the first day, and I haven't even fully tested the other two sites yet. First panel wouldn't send alarm signals, only restorals, and also had a "download unavailable" issue that wouldn't clear. Second panel's NAC circuits would randomly go dead and NAC troubles wouldnt clear even when jumpered. It also wouldn't send NAC trouble signals. They are already on their 3rd firmware version so every panel has to be upgraded before you program. Also beware of the F1-F4 function keys: the macro functions that you painstakingly program in through the keypad, will be erased everytime you reconnect a laptop. Oh and then there is the issue with the nut on the panel door making contact with the keypad buttons every time you close the door. It's the first thing I look at when pull a new panel out of the box. "Hey did the fix that nut yet?" "Nope."
simplexspectralert
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:33 am

my school's getting that panel