Is this a bad idea? SIZE WARNING sorry

I saw this at a pawn shop in the tools area. I do not get why it is in the sales floor because someone can tamper with the sprinkler riser. Can someone explain? P.S. I am sorry about the size :expressionless:

This is what I see on my computer looking at your post. Seems some adjustment is needed to your picture account.

Strange. :expressionless:

Photobucket does not allow 3rd party sharing anymore, so consider reuploading it to Imgur, or another photo sharing website.

Kk. Thanks! :slight_smile:

If you can, could you describe what we are supposed to be seeing?

For those who can’t view the image (thanks to Photobucket’s absurd policy about image linking…) I’ve attached it directly here.
[attachment=0]pawn_zpsgtd13jyx.jpg[/attachment]

[quote=Alexis_T post_id=80438 time=1526497918 user_id=3602]

For those who can’t view the image (thanks to Photobucket’s absurd policy about image linking…) I’ve attached it directly here.
pawn_zpsgtd13jyx.jpg

[/quote]

Thx! :slight_smile:

Is that fabric trying to cover it up or is it for sale?

Its covering it

Not doing a very good job.

Yeah I agree

It would have been better to build a cabinet around it.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=80599 time=1527539009 user_id=18]

It would have been better to build a cabinet around it.

[/quote]

I would build a room.

Or try to have it put in a room

It would be better to put it in a room for sure, but I’ve seen worse. We have some older buildings were sprinkler risers/flow points are in peoples unit! Even if someone tampers with it, that valve should be electrically supervised, so if someone even moves it an inch or two it will send a trouble to the fire panel (supervisory in newer panels).

[quote=EdwardsFan post_id=80649 time=1527817068 user_id=85]

It would be better to put it in a room for sure, but I’ve seen worse. We have some older buildings were sprinkler risers/flow points are in peoples unit! Even if someone tampers with it, that valve should be electrically supervised, so if someone even moves it an inch or two it will send a trouble to the fire panel (supervisory in newer panels).

[/quote]

Yeah but they have no alarms :? . Just a few I3s and thats it.

I honestly wouldn’t mind living in an apartment that has a sprinkler riser/flow point in it.

Ok. So now the fabric horribly covering the riser has came down a little bit and now its kind of strange because they have a pressure valve like the ones on water heaters. And it’s conduit is broken off and the conduit leading to the flow switch is just a wire hanging for dear life. :?

Probably got nailed by the fire inspector