Why I hate student council

So, it’s student council time at the school I work at. A few people have committed some code violations that I fixed.

1. A poster covered a fire extinguisher. This was fixed by removing the poster.
  2. A banner covered a Genesis ceiling mount horn/strobe. This was fixed by removing the banner and relocating it.
  3. Several small papers completely blocked access to a 270-SPO. These posters were removed and recycled :slight_smile:
  4. Three exit signs were covered by posters. I removed those posters as well.

I’m sorry but I feel a sense of obsessity in this post.

Yeah, except that he’s actually right. Blocking fire alarm/safety equipment is a no-no.

Look, I get that these are code violations, but you’re definitely gonna piss some people off if you go around removing posters. Even I as a fire alarm enthusiast would be rolling my eyes at this if someone tried to recycle my posters (that I likely worked hard on) claiming “code violation”. If you really feel passionately about these safety issues, then talk to the administration at your school, but PLEASE don’t just go around removing things that aren’t yours.

This is what gives a bad rap to our community. If you have a problem, I would suggest that you would contact school administration, or @#&$, maybe even talk to the student counsel themselves?

To everyone who disagrees. He didn’t say he threw out posters, he was simply moving them out of the way of safety equipment. And the papers he threw out probably had no value or purpose if he threw them out. I’m sure he tried his best to remove code violations, while still keeping posters up. He just moved the posters l, so people can still see them, without blocking fire alarm equipment. :?

OK, I need to clarify a few things here.
A. None of the posters were recycled, but the small papers with one word on them were recycled. The rest were just relocated to above the device (except for the ceiling one, that was moved to an empty space on the wall.) I had full permission from administration to do this. We were inspecting the system that day anyway (all devices worked) and this was needed to test and verify these devices. If you feel there is an issue with this topic, an admin can lock it or delete it. I just thought I’d share with you why posters should not be placed over the fire alarm devices.

[quote=WhelenSirenFan post_id=80528 time=1527167931 user_id=4540]

OK, I need to clarify a few things here.
A. None of the posters were recycled, but the small papers with one word on them were recycled. The rest were just relocated to above the device (except for the ceiling one, that was moved to an empty space on the wall.) I had full permission from administration to do this. We were inspecting the system that day anyway (all devices worked) and this was needed to test and verify these devices. If you feel there is an issue with this topic, an admin can lock it or delete it. I just thought I’d share with you why posters should not be placed over the fire alarm devices.

[/quote]

I totally agree with you. I was trying to defend you from others who disagree

First time in 11 non-consecutive years I have ever seen a lynching on the forum like this.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=80569 time=1527456434 user_id=18]

First time in 11 non-consecutive years I have ever seen a lynching on the forum like this.

[/quote]

I still agree about what I had said earlier but if he added something like “Don’t worry, I talked to Student Council about this and we’re all good,” and wasn’t vague with what he had done, then it wouldn’t have gone into complete drama mode.

I think it was the smiling emoji near “recycled” that raised eyebrows.

We’re going to go ahead and de-escalate this one.

It’s clear that there’s a lot of thoughts on both sides in regards to this topic, but keep in mind this forum is not the place to have arguments or fights.

Personally, I think this was a non-issue to begin with. If the obstructions seemed to be in the way, move them over a bit and be done with them; I’m not really sure what the benefit of posting about it here is. For that reason, I’m going to go ahead and lock this topic.