Santa Fe Shooting

So we know about the school shooting in Santa Fe in my state of Texas, but what were the alarms? When I saw a local news report, I heard smoke alarm esque sounds. In other words, the alarms were most likely mini horns. They sound just as the exact same pitch as the L-Series’ 3.1K tone. [Redacted by Moderator] Thanks.

Let’s be careful with the amount of shooting related posts here on the forums.

Obviously these are widely publicized issues, and many of the notification and preventative aspects of such events fall under the category of life safety and modern mass notification systems, and we welcome the discussion of such topics, however we must be careful not to become consumed by such tragedies and the facilities and safety systems in place at their locations.

These are very difficult events to discuss and fully comprehend. Of course, talking about them often provides a form of relief in the ability to discuss and understand what occurred, but once again we have to be cognizant of that line between discussion and obsession.

There are far more important, more human aspects to these events than the fire alarm systems installed within the buildings. Let’s try to pay respect to that aspect, and the individuals and families affected, as well.

[quote=kcin556 post_id=80620 time=1527649639 user_id=2844]

Let’s be careful with the amount of shooting related posts here on the forums.

Obviously these are widely publicized issues, and many of the notification and preventative aspects of such events fall under the category of life safety and modern mass notification systems, and we welcome the discussion of such topics, however we must be careful not to become consumed by such tragedies and the facilities and safety systems in place at their locations.

These are very difficult events to discuss and fully comprehend. Of course, talking about them often provides a form of relief in the ability to discuss and understand what occurred, but once again we have to be cognizant of that line between discussion and obsession.

There are far more important, more human aspects to these events than the fire alarm systems installed within the buildings. Let’s try to pay respect to that aspect, and the individuals and families affected, as well.

[/quote]

So I guess this topic should be locked or something?

[quote=thegeet post_id=80621 time=1527650411 user_id=3758]

[/quote]

Not necessarily, we can still have a discussion in this topic, my post was a note for the forums going forward from here. Nobody has done anything wrong.

[quote=kcin556 post_id=80623 time=1527653515 user_id=2844] [quote=thegeet post_id=80621 time=1527650411 user_id=3758]

[/quote]

Not necessarily, we can still have a discussion in this topic, my post was a note for the forums going forward from here. Nobody has done anything wrong.

[/quote]

Okay. Sorry about that.

During tragedies like these, I usually don’t give too much thought to what alarms were in the building because of the loss of life that occurred so I won’t even try to figure out the alarms.