Fire, Inclement Weather, Lockdown, and Other Disaster Prevention Drills for the 2018-2019 School Year

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
simplexspectralert
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

well look out for next years soon
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

You are all done with drills for the year?
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
simplexspectralert
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

idontwannaknow wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:33 pm
Drill Day! We did all three major drills: Lockdown, Tornado, and Fire Evacuation in the same day. (10:13-10:49)

Lockdown: We hid in the corner of the room away from the window and door. There was only whisper and small talk going on; no one was really quiet and kids were on their phones. Apparently the blue wheelock strobes did flash (none in the classrooms), and the teacher thought the new Siemens SEH on the ceiling was one of those alarms. It never flashed.

Tornado: Everyone either went to the first floor lockers and did that kneeling thing or into the locker room and sat in the seats. It was very loud in the locker room because of how echoey it was, and we missed the first out of five announcements to go back to class so we can practice evacuating the school.

Fire: This is the only one y’all were waiting for. The Simplex system did in fact activate and not the new Siemens FireFinder system (SPEAKER STROBES ARE GETTING INSTALLED), so we got to smell that... no joke. The Simplex 9846s doing their thing made it smell like there was an actual fire going on, never noticed it the years prior. Anyways, I did hear a bit of TrueAlerts on the farthest end of the school doing code-3 since they’re on SmartSync, unlike the rest of the TrueAlerts and other NAs. Everyone in the halls were talking which really muffled the horns, (besides the carpet) so they weren’t very loud for me, didn’t cover my ears at all lol.

So yeah, if we have a false alarm frenzy like last year, I’ll report it here. Funny thing is, I realized the 9105s and 9846s were probably gonna go off instead of the SEHs (or SETs, idk what’s the difference) because they didn’t go off during the Tornado or Lockdown drills (they have ALERT lettering not FIRE lettering) If I do hear them, they’re probably being tested and the PA will tell us to stay in school (kids).
wait you live near chicago???
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Yeah I do.
blm // he/him
simplexspectralert
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

i had an earthquake drill yesterday
RSSAlarms
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: RSSAlarms

I had an earthquake drill a while back. We had to hold on to the science lab desks, some students were taking it seriously, some weren’t. In response to some of the students not taking it seriously, the teacher (while he was under the desk) shook the table and sarcastically pretended to be freaking out, how silly.
”what is your major malfunction; numbnuts?”
-R. Lee Ermey
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

simplexspectralert wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:57 pm
i had an earthquake drill yesterday
But Yesterday was Saturday?
blm // he/him
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

I was holding off, but now I think I can say it. I've been thinking he might have been trolling us the whole time. if he's not, I'm sorry but I started getting suspicious with the "missile drill" bit.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
kcin556
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: kcin556

simplexspectralert, you are asked to stop spamming in this channel. It is clear that these events have not occurred.

Additionally, do not reveal the location of another user without permission. That is in violation of our forum rules, and in violate of general courtesy.

Please see the written warning that has been issued to your account.

Thank you.
Nick - Administrator
Please send me a PM if you experience any issues or have any concerns. Thank you!
kcin556 on YouTube
simplexspectralert
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

simplexspectralert wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:57 pm
i had an earthquake drill on friday
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Friday, May 17th, 2nd period. [West Building Fire Alarm Testing]

Once again, I was not in the building when it happened, but they had tested that alarm system just as they did with the other building a couple weeks ago. This time the Siemens ZHs sounded, and even though I had a theory in the back of my head that they had disconnected the horn and instead would play a voice evac message over the PA system, that was not at all the case. Two alarms missed in two weeks, LOL.
blm // he/him
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

You'll have to be caught in a fire alarm sooner or later. LOL
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:15 pm
You'll have to be caught in a fire alarm sooner or later. LOL
I only have tomorrow then finals for three days so unfortunately its 99.9% a lost cause.
blm // he/him
simplexspectralert
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

i posted a new one for next year
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Some people are still in school and I’m pretty sure any summer school drills/alarms will be posted here.
blm // he/him