Fire, Inclement Weather, Lockdown, and Other Disaster Prevention Drills for the 2018-2019 School Year

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Can drills in the summer when not a lot of kids are in school or for the summer semester count towards fire drills or are they extra? I can't imagine they would count at all because a large percent of students aren't in school.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
simplexspectralert
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

i dont do summer school this year
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

I wasn't talking about just you.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

I don't know if this counts or if it falls under "Inclement Weather" but the lightning siren at my school went off today because of insane weather and apparently lightning was detected. The thing sounded for about 15 seconds before going quiet and a white strobe flashed too, although that continued after the blast. It's probably one of the loudest things I've heard in a while.

We were ordered to go inside the school until our respective busses came for safety.

Aaaaaand thats a wrap! I don't have to deal with any more alarms until possibly summer school but definitely senior year.
blm // he/him
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Does anybody know if summer school alarms count as required alarms toward the school year or if they are separate?
simplexspectralert
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

plus the last fire drill that i had this month happened when it was raining
simplexspectralert
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:00 pm
Does anybody know if summer school alarms count as required alarms toward the school year or if they are separate?
i think theyre separate
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

So my school's filming a new safety video (I won't show you because it has my schools' name in it), which will most likely feature the new alarms going off. but I have a feeling that this means they'll change the west building NAs too, because otherwise for drills the video would have to have different sections for each safety procedure, and that would be annoying. The west building already has a new Siemens system from 2015 and I don't know too much about switching NAs from horns to multifunction speakers on the same system. Who knows LOL. I'm having summer school next week so I might be able to see whether or not this is the case. I'm kinda excited....
blm // he/him
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

So switching from Siemens ZH horns to the speaker/strobes?
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 4:46 pm
So switching from Siemens ZH horns to the speaker/strobes?
That's what I think.
blm // he/him
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

It would be weird if they replaced them after only 4 years but because they already junked the other horn/strobes, I don't think they have any choice.
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:00 pm
It would be weird if they replaced them after only 4 years but because they already junked the other horn/strobes, I don't think they have any choice.
It would be weird having one building with mass notification and the other building only with fire horn/strobes, then to make a new safety video for the school.
blm // he/him
simplexspectralert
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

and my school year ends on friday
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

You still have anymore drills that need to be done?
simplexspectralert
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:23 pm
You still have anymore drills that need to be done?
well i had a fire drill today