The strangest thing in the world

So today I was at Texas roadhouse and they had RSG metal t bars and advances. So later I went to the restroom and there was a FCI strobe from the 1980’s or something in the restroom!!! It was weird to see a 1980’s alarm in a 2000’s alarm system. :? P.S. it was ADA :stuck_out_tongue:

FCI ADA strobes came out in the early 90s. It’s possible that the fire alarm system was upgraded but that particular device was not replaced.

Also possible that the original strobe failed or was physically damaged in some way, and this functional strobe happened to be in the back of the service truck, or was leftover from the previous system and sitting on a box in the back room of the building. In general one is not supposed to re-use old devices but if it’s known working, better to have it than nothing.

Sometimes new-old stock can be used in some newer installations if they still have a bit of the device that is in the same building still around or if in general they have an excess of it. They probably ran out of Advances and used the strobe because it was there and still worked. This happened in my high school twice after I graduated. They replaced Space Age Electronics 2DCD horns on AV32 light plates with Siemens U-MMT horn/strobes in 2012 which was 5 years after Wheelock forced Siemens to drop their lines. Then in 2015 they split the long freshmen hallway into two by putting up a fire door and putting two Simplex 2901-9838 horns on 4903-9101 strobes. It might happen again since the biotechnology hallway is getting renovated and they might use some Simplex 4903-9219s since there were two horns down in that hallway.

Thanks for the info! 8) :smiley: