What panels do you guys like

I enjoy simplex panels, particulary 4010s

Any panel as long as it has electromechanical horns. :stuck_out_tongue:

Any panel from the early 20’s to the late 90’s (including 2000 to 2005). Especially panels that are bizarre (such as the Simplex2001) or have unique features or even unusual features.

When you say early 20s, I have to admit I was thinking about the 1920s. LOL

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=81491 time=1535571147 user_id=18]

When you say early 20s, I have to admit I was thinking about the 1920s. LOL

[/quote]

That’s what I meant to say, just that SwiftKey’s spellchecker truncated it again :frowning:

You MEANT to say the 1920s? :?:

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=81496 time=1535599491 user_id=18]

You MEANT to say the 1920s? :?:

[/quote]

Yes, actually:

[quote] Any panel from the 1920's to the late 1990's (including from 2000 to 2005) [/quote]

(yes I know, even tho I also like the old 1950’s Autocall 4-4-4-4 pattern panels with the pull-rods)

Wow. I did not know that France made panels all the way back in the 1920s. Just goes to show you how advanced they are.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=81500 time=1535664874 user_id=18]

Wow. I did not know that France made panels all the way back in the 1920s. Just goes to show you how advanced they are.

[/quote]

Well not so sure about France having panels from the 20’s (I assume these were “dumb” systems, composed of a sort of buzzers/bells wired like a light bulb would be and if said loop was activated I assume it would have been wired on some sort of “panel” with zones marked. So far I’ve found nothing about these systems, probably what was left of them was lost/destroyed during WWII)

I do recall seeing a picture of a break-glass station dated from the 1910’s oddly enough it wasn’t for fire but rather for air raid warnings, I suppose it was tied to the siren (before that we had the Tocsin which was a special pattern sounded by church bells, before it was superseded by the siren in the 50’s)

But going back to the topic, I was talking about the FA systems that USA used to have in the 1920s to the late 2000’s (as for French fa systems, well the oldest French FA panel I saw was a defunct Cerberus panel from the 1970’s).

Also you’d be stunned if I told you that in France we had Simplex panels, however Simplex France became later (in the 80’s IIRC) ATS Électronique (now known as ATSE), a friend of mine shown me a picture of a Simplex 4208 system, heck even the call points had Simplex logos on them.

Sadly I don’t think I have the pictures anymore (and if I had them I would have needed to ask him if I can post them here).

So to resume :

US FACPs I like are mostly from the 20’s (possibly 50’s maybe) to 2005. When it comes to French FACPs my prefered periods would be from 70’s to late 90’s.

(to all, you can continue with the thread)

Mine would be the Thorn/Autocall TFX & CL series panels which were the panel of choice for much of Volusia County in the 80s-early 2000s. Also the newer EST3X and Simplex 4100ES panels are a fav of mine.