EST SIGA programer question

Hello,
I have an EST programmer tool. In order to address devices, for an EST 3, it requires 7 digits.

An EST 3 FACP will show you 8 digits for a device. The 1st 2 digits identify the Panel#. The next 2 digits are the card/loop number and the last 4 are the device #.
As a stand-alone programming device, I do not see why it would be interested in the Panel or card/loop number but those extra digits must be there for a reason.
Anyone have experience with this, that can help shed some light on what info it needs in those ‘extra’ digits?
Thanks

I can’t answer your question directly, but I can say that in all my experience with these systems (I have only programmed the non-proprietary Vigilant/Kidde systems, but the same principles apply), I cannot think of any need for such a tool. While in principle, the logical address is stored in the head or module, in practice, you can treat the system as if the mapping of serial number to logical address is done at the panel. You enter corresponding serial numbers to addresses when you write the program, and the panel takes care of the rest.

If you ever need to swap a device, you can just swap it. The mapping feature automatically updates the serial number corresponding to that logical address, since it can see where every device is physically located on SLC.

I really have never once worried about what address is programmed into an addressable device. Except in some very unusual cases, this mechanism can be totally invisible to the installer.