Notifier NFW-50 help!

I need help with something frustrating here. So on October 1st 2018 at around 2:30 pm my time, my Notifier NFW-50 panel started randomly going in and out of trouble very quickly every 5-10 minutes. The trouble was a charger power failure trouble and a 27v power trouble. I restarted the panel and it didn’t fix the issue. Around 7:00 pm. The panel stopped doing this, but started again at around 8:30 pm. It continued all night, going in and out of trouble for like 0.5 seconds. When I woke up this morning at around 6:20 am, the panel was showing both troubles, but this time they stayed. I unplugged the panel for the day. What’s going on here? I has been raining for the last 3 days here and still is today, and the panels plugged into a grounded outlet. Is the rain affecting the outlet power? Please help

This is a very tricky issue… Most likely a brownout (or power fluctuation) happened and fried something in the panel causing it to misbehave.

If it turns out to be a bad logic board then there’s not much left to you to do.

I’m gonna see if this continues, and if so, I’m gonna buy a new board

[quote=Alexis_T post_id=81881 time=1538482282 user_id=3602]

This is a very tricky issue… Most likely a brownout (or power fluctuation) happened and fried something in the panel causing it to misbehave.

If it turns out to be a bad logic board then there’s not much left to you to do.

[/quote]

I installed the panel a month ago and just now this is happening. It’s not a bad logic board, but maybe something did fry

[quote=ConorTheFAguy6 post_id=81885 time=1538491529 user_id=4065] [quote=Alexis_T post_id=81881 time=1538482282 user_id=3602]

[/quote]

I installed the panel a month ago and just now this is happening. It’s not a bad logic board, but maybe something did fry

[/quote]

You never know when electronics fail, it’s flat out dumb and random.

Also check if there is any burnt components, bad solder joints or any bulging capacitors, chances are a dead capacitor or a faulty solder joint might cause your panel to go crazy.

[quote=Alexis_T post_id=81888 time=1538503904 user_id=3602] [quote=ConorTheFAguy6 post_id=81885 time=1538491529 user_id=4065] [quote=Alexis_T post_id=81881 time=1538482282 user_id=3602]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You never know when electronics fail, it’s flat out dumb and random.

Also check if there is any burnt components, bad solder joints or any bulging capacitors, chances are a dead capacitor or a faulty solder joint might cause your panel to go crazy.

[/quote]

I took the board off the mounting bracket, checked, and there are no burns, crams, or cuts. I also disconnected the yellow wires that clip from the transformer to the board, as well as all the terminal wires. I then reconnected it, did a cold start, and it seems to be fine.

Sometimes terminal connections can get loose with time and once they get loose, this can lead to very strange behavior, so yeah be sure to reseat the connections if the panel starts misbehaving again.