New Edwards alarms !

[quote="[Isaaaakkk] " post_id=82007 time=1539484703 user_id=3797] https://www.edwardsfiresafety.com/Media/Edwards_Genesis_GSX_Release_WHQ%20APPROVED%20Final.pdf

[/quote]

The way I’m reading this, it appears to be the speaker/strobe version of the Genesis LED.

Very interesting! Considering that Edwards will now have its own line of LED signals, I’m guessing that the GL-series devices (rebranded Wheelock Exceders) will soon be discontinued. I’m looking forward to seeing the other new Genesis products mentioned in the press release.

I’ve noticed that Edwards has also introduced a new line of UL 268 7th edition-compliant smoke detectors (the Signature Optica series). Judging by the photo posted on the website’s main page, the housing design of these devices doesn’t appear to differ much from that of the current generation of SIGA detectors.

These and the System Sensor L-Series look really design-focused. Honestly these Genesi remind me of those weird Amseco horn/strobes that nobody knows exist.

Also do remote strobes have the open grille again?

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=82014 time=1539555172 user_id=3956]

Honestly these Genesi remind me of those weird Amseco horn/strobes that nobody knows exist.

[/quote]

Now that I take a look at it, I totally agree with you that they do look similar to the Ameseco units, which as a result has an even more streamlined and sleek appearance! It’s too bad that there is no “running man” graphic on this version of devices, unlike the previous Xenon version.

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=82014 time=1539555172 user_id=3956]

Also do remote strobes have the open grille again?

[/quote]

The rebranded Wheelock edition did (I have one in my collection), so I am very curious about this myself. I have a gut feeling that like the former Xenon edition (assuming that they will continue to sell these along with their Xenon counterparts), they may have remote strobes with the open grilles…I could be totally wrong, though. It only seems like they have posted this press release on their website as they recently showed this off at a trade show. Maybe when there is an official release for these devices, we will know for sure.

The datasheet for the new Genesis horns, strobes and horn/strobes has been released. Here are a few interesting things I noted while going through the information:

[] Strobes do not have a 110-candela setting (the highest setting is 75 cd).
[
] Horn settings are now controlled via switches rather than jumpers.
[] Interestingly enough, these LED strobes can be used in the same field of vision as Genesis xenon strobes.
[
] The devices feature diagnostic test points for circuit verification (I’m not exactly sure how this feature works).
[] Remote strobe covers do not feature a grille.
[
] To my disappointment (and as NewEnglandElevators pointed out), these devices have indeed ditched the “running man” pictogram. However, “FIRE” lettering is now available in Spanish and French (no bilingual options, surprisingly).

It also surprises me that these new Genesis NAs have a support for continuous tone. Also looks like the sound may be different than Xenon Genesi.

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=82443 time=1542765402 user_id=3956]

Also looks like the sound may be different than Xenon Genesi.

[/quote]

I saw a video, it’s the same sound.

It also surprises me that these new Genesis NAs have a support for continuous tone. Also looks like the sound may be different than Xenon Genesi.

[/quote]

I don’t think there’s been a single fire alarm horn that doesn’t support continuous thus far. I’m not sure why they keep including that setting in new model lines (nostalgia perhaps? :P), but it doesn’t seem like they’re going to stop anytime soon. There was even a model line (forgot from which brand) released a little while back that included a march time setting, now THAT makes you ask “why?”.

[quote=MayerFire post_id=82446 time=1542775208 user_id=3566] [quote=idontwannaknow post_id=82443 time=1542765402 user_id=3956]

[/quote]

I don’t think there’s been a single fire alarm horn that doesn’t support continuous thus far. I’m not sure why they keep including that setting in new model lines (nostalgia perhaps? :P), but it doesn’t seem like they’re going to stop anytime soon. There was even a model line (forgot from which brand) released a little while back that included a march time setting, now THAT makes you ask “why?”.

[/quote]

TrueAlertES?

It also surprises me that these new Genesis NAs have a support for continuous tone.

[/quote]

For 2 stage systems where the fire panel determines the signal pattern.

I’m pretty sure all alarms with continue to have continuous as an option because I don’t see it being phased out.

For example, Zach’s AHJ requires continuous