False fire alarms wake Albuquerque apartment residents at all hours

This apartment complex has fire alarm NAs inside the apartments. All the apartments I’ve ever visited just had NAs on the outside of the units and had residential smoke alarms in the units.

Same with all the hotels that I’ve ever stayed at.

Hey! I live by there! And I do remeber that a few years back. I’d always hear the MT’s and the Advances going off on my way to school.

Sometimes I think it would be fun to live in an apartment that has fire alarms, but only if outside in the hallways.

You bet it’s fun! Well after a few times it get REALLY annoying.

Granted if there are horn/strobes IN the apartment I won’t go near it with a ten-foot pole.

Some apartment buildings that have fire alarm NAs outside in the hallways and residential smoke alarms inside the apartments may have the fire alarm system wired to trip the smoke alarms in the units upon activation.

Smoke alarms I can deal with. Just not a loud ass horn in my living room. XD

I’ve slept with the constant noise of a old server running in my room (10x louder than a FA horn… Think twice) it wouldn’t be a problem at all for me provided it’s far away (separated by a few rooms)

wait… what is an “old server”

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=82105 time=1540267971 user_id=3956]

wait… what is an “old server”

[/quote]

[off-topic on] A pc basically but for hosting things on it (such as a website like TFP), in my case it was a file server.

And old because the one I have is rather ancient (Athlon 64X2 5000+… The mobo still have floppy drive headers)

[/off-topic off]

I can honestly say that I have never had a computer that was 10 time louder than a fire alarm around me at any point in my life nor did I know that they could be that loud.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=82113 time=1540348918 user_id=18]

I can honestly say that I have never had a computer that was 10 time louder than a fire alarm around me at any point in my life nor did I know that they could be that loud.

[/quote]

They can be loud, look up “Server farm ambiance” or “Datacenter noises” on YouTube, that should give you an idea on how loud a server can be.

Going back to the topic, it’s not normal that the fire alarms in that apartment building go off frequently, at first you immediately think about the worst case scenario (the building is on fire) but then once you know it’s a malfunction of the FA system, then yes I can understand that it’s getting annoying

[quote=Alexis_T post_id=82118 time=1540413513 user_id=3602]

[Going back to the topic, it’s not normal that the fire alarms in that apartment building go off frequently, at first you immediately think about the worst case scenario (the building is on fire) but then once you know it’s a malfunction of the FA system, then yes I can understand that it’s getting annoying

[/quote]

That is, unless you’re me. Seventeen false alarms in two months!

17 false alarms in two months? That is… Most likely a malfunction of the FACP or one if the IDC.

I mean after the 4th time I’d be probably off trying to resist the urge of not letting panic overtake, knowing that the system is malfunctioning.