Women as fire alarm techs

I wanted to make this topic to see if anybody here knows of or has seen any women in the fire alarm tech world. This is in no way meant to be offensive or anything like that, I just think it’s an interesting question if there are women who service and repair fire alarm systems. Let me know.

I am a woman in the business. I don’t go out in service anymore, but engineer systems, program (engineered networks) and commission. I hold 2 electrical licenses.
I think I have seen 3 or 4 women in the FA industry. We are rare.

Yeah you definitely are rare. Out of all the inspection videos I see on YouTube, they are all done by men.

In my many years with Simplex I had contact with several women in various roles in fire alarm. On a large 2120 installation one of the electricians was a woman. While I was in tech support I received a call from a woman technician. Our branch office had several women inspectors over the years.

I guess that women ARE common in the industry but just not as hobbyists.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=82261 time=1541635610 user_id=18]

[/quote]

Oh there are women enthusiasts as well

[quote=ConorTheFAguy6 post_id=82268 time=1541691650 user_id=4065] [quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=82261 time=1541635610 user_id=18]

[/quote]

Oh there are women enthusiasts as well

[/quote]

You know you just replied to one, right?

An industry that women don’t seen to be very common in is waste management. I’ve never seen a female garbage collector. Also men aren’t very common in the dental hygiene industry. I’ve never seen a male dental hygienist.

Not sure about the female presence in waste management but I DID have a male hygienist.

And yeah, I’m a female but not a hobbyist because I don’t collect alarms but I am an enthusiast.

We’ve had women in all positions, inspectors, service and installation techs, engineers, project managers, sales…

Technician wise the industry is definitely dominated by men, but it’s not necessarily difficult to find women.