hogwarts safety fails

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
firedriller
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:36 am

https://bettercarenetwork.org/sites/def ... ations.pdf

Where Hogwarts would fail at fire safety
I think a good old-fashioned fire drill today- Mr Burns
Welcome to hogwarts- alarm panel
Simplex 2903-9101
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Fahrenheit4051

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:43 pm

Yeah, I think they fail at safety in general. A murderer stalked the campus for over a decade, an entire department was full of cursed lunatics, and there was a snake monster living in the basement. Not to mention the stuff they LET the kids do, like handling dangerous flora and fauna and playing a high-speed sport hundreds of feet in the air. I think fire would be the least of their worries.
Did you hear about the film director who collected fire alarms?
No Integrity and dozens of unwanted Advances.
MayerFire
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:34 am

Well, I think the lack of safety at Hogwarts is obvious, starting from the fact that they don't even have a fire alarm system, or extinguishers, standpipes, sprinklers, exit signs and emergency lighting, none of the doors are fitted with the appropriate panic hardware, and the moving staircases do not shunt trip upon activation of the nonexistent fire alarm. And this is just with regards to fire safety, in terms of other safety hazards, both the staff and the students regularly carry out activities that violate OSHA regulations, and just the Battle of Hogwarts far surpasses the likes of Columbine and Sandy Hook.
firedriller
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:10 am

Does hogwarts ever had a fire drill
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Pretty sure if there was a fire that broke out one of the teachers could easily handle it. This is a world where a magic word can instantaneously stop your heart.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
ConorTheFAguy6
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: CJ9899

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:25 pm
Pretty sure if there was a fire that broke out one of the teachers could easily handle it. This is a world where a magic word can instantaneously stop your heart.
Yes. They don’t need all the safety equipment because they have MAGIC
Life is like a free box of fire alarm parts, you never know what you are going to get
firedriller
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 pm

Is that the point of running hogwarts in the first place, super safe environment for wizard training