Abandoned Golf Club House FA system salvage update

If you recall, I made a post months ago about this, but now I’ve received everything . I am happy to report that I recently salvaged the ENTIRE FA system out of the building and I made some discoveries. The panel turned out to be a Notifier System 500 with an extra zone card. It was in great shape and works fine. The bells were 6” Notifier bells and a 10” bell, all of which from 2000-2001. Pull stations are Canada exclusive Notifier MPS-950b pulls. Got all 13 of them. 2 system sensor smokes, and 3 chemtronics heat detectors. All of which were untouched and none were damaged. Interesting considering how vandalized the building was. Building will be demolished by the end of the year.

Thank you Conor, very cool!

Sounds like a very cool haul! I’m glad you were able to get everything!

Nice haul! I just did an annual on a Notifier 500 this morning lol :lol: Did you salvage it yourself or have someone do it for you?

Neat! Be sure to post pictures of the panel, it seems to be one of the Oldies from Notifier.

[quote=EdwardsFan post_id=82282 time=1541735043 user_id=85]

Nice haul! I just did an annual on a Notifier 500 this morning lol :lol: Did you salvage it yourself or have someone do it for you?

[/quote]

Basically, I was walking home from school and I noticed a red pickup truck near an open garage door down near the side of the boarded up building. I was thinking to myself, “Nows my chance”. I went down and there were 2 city workers cutting metals and stuff that could be salvaged. I asked them if I could salvage the system, and they said yes. Then for the next 3 hours me and one of the workers went through taking out everything. I took out the pull stations while the worker went up on a ladder and took down the heat, smoke detectors and bells (liability reasons). We both took out the fa panel and a Napco Gemini 9600 security panel with keypad.

[quote=Alexis_T post_id=82285 time=1541745370 user_id=3602]

Neat! Be sure to post pictures of the panel, it seems to be one of the Oldies from Notifier.

[/quote]

1 Like

That panel sure looks smaller than most panels I’ve seen, heck it even looks it’s flush-mounted.

But hey! It looks really nice! Congrats on this awesome haul! Truly amazing that you could salvage the whole system.

[quote=Alexis_T post_id=82291 time=1541791962 user_id=3602]

That panel sure looks smaller than most panels I’ve seen, heck it even looks it’s flush-mounted.

But hey! It looks really nice! Congrats on this awesome haul! Truly amazing that you could salvage the whole system.

[/quote]

It’s semi-flush mounted, modern Notifier panels can also be mounted this way with the appropriate trim ring.

[quote=MayerFire post_id=82292 time=1541792229 user_id=3566] [quote=Alexis_T post_id=82291 time=1541791962 user_id=3602]

[/quote]

It’s semi-flush mounted, modern Notifier panels can also be mounted this way with the appropriate trim ring.

[/quote]

I’ve also seen Notifier panels semi-flush with no trim ring.

[quote=Alexis_T post_id=82291 time=1541791962 user_id=3602]

[/quote]

The reason you thought it was flush mounted is because it was. It has an extra zone card, which makes it 16 zones

[quote=randomperson post_id=82296 time=1541798316 user_id=3878]

I’ve also seen Notifier panels semi-flush with no trim ring.

[/quote]

I believe the red bezel is the trim ring.

The Gentex Commander 3 emits 7 tones just like the Gentex Commander 2, while the Gentex Commander 4 will only emit 4 tones, the Gentex Commander 1 is a double tone emitter.