RTU Duct Detector Disabled

My school has had an RTU Duct Detector disabled for over two months. It’s set as a supervisory zone so I’m not exactly sure why it would be disabled for such a long period of time. So I have a few questions:

Why would an RTU duct detector be disabled for so long? I would understand a day or two, but two months is certainly unreasonable. Is this also against code?
What actions should the school take to make sure the trouble condition’s been cleared? Again, I have no idea as to why it was disabled in the first place nor do I know if it’s been fixed. Would it not be advisable for them to just reenable the point than to have a tech look into the issue?

[quote=DownsLife+Safety post_id=82279 time=1541731274 user_id=4181]

My school has had an RTU Duct Detector disabled for over two months. It’s set as a supervisory zone so I’m not exactly sure why it would be disabled for such a long period of time. So I have a few questions:

Why would an RTU duct detector be disabled for so long?

[/quote]

Something similar happened at my school once!
They were going to work on the RTU’s and had disabled the duct detectors in preparation for the work. However, the work didn’t happen. I waited and waited and waited. After over a month, the work was finally carried out, and the detectors were re-enabled.

Try asking the janitor about it.