Disturbing new detail about my school

So a week ago on Monday our school fire alarm went off and today we where told to be quiet and the teacher said that if there was a fire we would not hear the fire alarms in the hallway (System Sensor MASS). She said her rooms fire alarm was broken! :shock:. She said we would get burned. I am EXTREMELY mad at our school because they think that they need new Ipads then a working fire alarm strobe! What do you think? :expressionless:

The device probably broke since the last notification appliance inspection. Contact the maintenance department and they’ll hopefully call someone in to replace it. If the school knows that alarm functionality is impaired in a certain area and has ignored it, that’s a different story.

I’m not a technician, so take this with a grain of salt.

Separate note about technology: Funding for new classroom technology is sometimes provided by a grant. Therefore, there’s a slight chance that the school did not pay for the iPads in full. Take this with a grain of salt as well.

Reminds me of a nice conversation my U.S History class had with my teacher earlier this year. I can’t remember what exactly started it, but it went something like this:

Student: What happens if, like, there’s a shooter who comes into the classroom?
Teacher: Well, last year they would’ve announced it over the PA system, but the PA system is broken and there’s no money to fix it.
Student: So we’re all dead? laughter
Teacher: Well, last year we would’ve had the class phones, but most of those got stolen over the summer, and there’s no money to replace them so yea we’re dead.
Student: Well, is there anything that would alert us of an emergency?
Teacher: Well, the fire alarms used to work… no clue if they still do. We’ll just wait and see. They haven’t worked yet this year (this was after our first drill, keep in mind), but we’ll see…
Entire Class: WTF

I wish I could say I made that up, but it’s one definitely one of the funnier stories I bring up whenever I tell someone where I go to school, since we kind of have a reputation for this sort of thing.

Contact the plant engineer and the administrator in charge of building management. They usually get it fixed in relatively a short time (because it’s a school). An email and some photographic evidence should do.

If you’re unable to obtain photographic evidence, CC your teacher and have her follow up with them.

[quote=EpicFireAlarms post_id=82373 time=1542155121 user_id=3400]

Reminds me of a nice conversation my U.S History class had with my teacher earlier this year. I can’t remember what exactly started it, but it went something like this:

Student: What happens if, like, there’s a shooter who comes into the classroom?
Teacher: Well, last year they would’ve announced it over the PA system, but the PA system is broken and there’s no money to fix it.
Student: So we’re all dead? laughter
Teacher: Well, last year we would’ve had the class phones, but most of those got stolen over the summer, and there’s no money to replace them so yea we’re dead.
Student: Well, is there anything that would alert us of an emergency?
Teacher: Well, the fire alarms used to work… no clue if they still do. We’ll just wait and see. They haven’t worked yet this year (this was after our first drill, keep in mind), but we’ll see…
Entire Class: WTF

I wish I could say I made that up, but it’s one definitely one of the funnier stories I bring up whenever I tell someone where I go to school, since we kind of have a reputation for this sort of thing.

[/quote]

That’s… Interesting to say the least.