Fire Alarm Panel/Bells

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
EdwardsFan
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: Mircomfan

Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:27 pm

That is super cool! I do a fair bit of imspections on systems like this. They are all in these old houses that were built in the early 1900s. They all have EST 1 zone fireshields in them, but I assume the original panels were really old. Most have their original signals, the one house had 1 Edwards Durabell on each floor with a 270-SPO right underneath it. You'd be surprised on how many old houses, or even new houses get installed with commercial fire systems.
"Never forget your history, Nor your destiny." - Bob Marley
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:33 pm

I'm guessing that must be in Canada since over here I don't really see houses with any signals in them.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
EdwardsFan
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: Mircomfan

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:39 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:33 pm
I'm guessing that must be in Canada since over here I don't really see houses with any signals in them.
Yeah, but its mostly for houses that are used for assistant living/troubled youth. My favourite one is a system we service in a retirement/nursing home, which was an old mansion at one point. The system is a Mircom FX-2000 2 stage system, with Mircom select a horns, and MS-402 pull stations.
"Never forget your history, Nor your destiny." - Bob Marley
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:47 pm

I mean, I DO occasionally see apartments with horn/strobes on the outside but I always assumed that they weren't residential properties and just commercial properties.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.